Camera bag (again and again)

Schittra

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Herr Barnack said:

I have been afflicted of late with an irrational desire for an Oberwerth Freiburg with olive cordura and medium brown leather (see below).  Paying $600 USD for a camera bag may be loony, but as is the case with Leica cameras and lenses, it's a quality of life issue. 

I do like the Fogg Last Waltz, but Fogg bags seem to be hard to get hold of.  I emailed Fogg about ordering directly from them, but am getting no response.  Leica Store SoHo quoted me a four month or longer wait to get a Last Waltz and a price in the $825-850 USD range.  $600 for the Freiburg is tolerable (barely). $825-850 is just a bridge too far.  With the USD in the bottom of the Port-a-Potty these days, those prices may climb even higher.  I'm thinking I need to buy before the Freiburg becomes really not affordable for a commoner like me.

At the end of the day, we live but once and then we die - so why not permit ourselves a bit of luxury during our travels between the delivery room and the embalming room? 

And then there's this:  "In a world dominated by soulless, mass-produced and disposable goods, objects that are made by artisanal hands retain a soul and warmth that connects us with our humanity, past and present."

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I have an Oberwerth, and it’s a great bag. But they can’t hold a candle to FOGG. I own a number of them, and the Last Waltz and B Sharp are two of my favorites. Robert White has a B Sharp in Satchel Green with Havana leather and a Last Waltz. I used to be a FOGG dealer when I had my Leica retail store. I know bee and Nigel well, and they just sent me some repair parts for an old e-flat bag with a worn out shoulder pad.

What  email did you use? Try foggbag@orange.fr and tell them I sent you!

• Like 1

I also purchased an e-flat from Robert White this summer and their service was impeccable! The Last Waltz they have in stock is at 432 Pounds excluding Vat, which is less than $600 USD at current rates.

Edited by derleicaman
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, graphlex said:

Did you have it shipped to US? How does that work now, with the tariff? I recently bought a Lyre from a US dealer, but the price differential is horrific. 

I did have it shipped to the States. You don’t pay Vat, and I don’t recall any tariff. I don’t think there is any for camera bags. I would inquire Robt White.

• Like 1

In the UK at least Fogg doesn't sell and ship directly to customers - you have to trade with Robert White as their exclusive UK agents. That said, Nigel & bee (usually the latter) are happy to handle inquiries, customisation etc direct - just the commercial stuff is with the agent. I don't know how it works for other countries.

10 hours ago, derleicaman said:

I have an Oberwerth, and it’s a great bag. But they can’t hold a candle to FOGG. I own a number of them, and the Last Waltz and B Sharp are two of my favorites. Robert White has a B Sharp in Satchel Green with Havana leather and a Last Waltz. I used to be a FOGG dealer when I had my Leica retail store. I know bee and Nigel well, and they just sent me some repair parts for an old e-flat bag with a worn out shoulder pad.

What  email did you use? Try foggbag@orange.fr and tell them I sent you!

Thank you - I will email them and give this another try.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

18 hours ago, graphlex said:

Did you have it shipped to US? How does that work now, with the tariff? I recently bought a Lyre from a US dealer, but the price differential is horrific. 

Can bring in from UK tariff free if item is less than $800. I recently bought a b sharp from Robert White and there was no tariff. 

has anyone compared the Baby Grand 15 to e-flat? I’m looking for a larger bag that can hold the SL with 24-90 mounted and 12.9in iPad Pro (even better if 15in Mac book pro would fit).