Camera bag (again and again)

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 7/11/2021 at 9:20 AM, stefanusj said:

Too bad this bag is NEVER sold in my country... Awesome bag!!!

I also have the Filson Magnum Harvey bag - been all over the world with me. I found the strap a bit short  - I am tall - but as you say well designed those pockets on the side are great for glasses. I doubt anyone will be producing  a bag with DAH again in the foreseeable future. 

Edited by Ted Lemon
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my camera lives in a hand-made bag, made to measure for my camera. Made by myself.   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

I’ve tried so many different bags, but in the end I always go back to Fogg Two favorites are The Last Waltz Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! and the new Satchmo leather Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the

I don't have an M10 but this is my M bag is an old Tweed Jacket with a padded camera insert from off eBay, and the pockets still function as such ...   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Hello guest! Please register or sign in

Posted Images

7 hours ago, RMF said:

Just picked up a Billingham Avea 8 with plans to attach it to my Hadley Pro. It works/fits great on the Hadley but I could also envision using the Avea 8 on a properly supportive belt (using the belt loops) to create a ‘very’ minimalist package. In the Billingham Avea 8, I’m able to fit an M10* with a mounted 28Cron, as well as room left for a battery (or 2) and some SD cards. It’s a great, well made versatile little accessory bag that I’ve overlooked in the past.

If it holds an M10+28Cron with spare battery, it is not actually "little"

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, fisheess said:

If it holds an M10+28Cron with spare battery, it is not actually "little"

Perhaps ‘little’ was more a reference compared to a Hadley Pro and the Filson Magnum. The Avea 8 belt option is certainly ‘minimalist’ and It’s an alternative to the Billingham 72 which I felt was a little too square (both physically and style sense 🙂 ) for me. I just found that the profile of the 72 with strap bounced around too much when walking and moving, but it does have that strap option which is a plus. For an even smaller option one could take a look at the smaller Avea 5.

Edited by RMF

The longer I own my Pacsafe anti-theft hip pack https://int.pacsafe.com/collections/waist-packs/products/vibe-100-anti-theft-hip-pack , the more I realize this is my favorite way to walk the streets: camera on my neck or shoulder and an extra lens in the hip pack. Today I did that with my M10R and a Summilux75 and a 35 Summicron and if I do not want to show my camera somewhere sometime, the whole bunch fits in the Pacsafe, even with the EVF2. I use my Billinghams as home-bases. 

1 hour ago, otto.f said:

The longer I own my Pacsafe anti-theft hip pack https://int.pacsafe.com/collections/waist-packs/products/vibe-100-anti-theft-hip-pack , the more I realize this is my favorite way to walk the streets: camera on my neck or shoulder and an extra lens in the hip pack. Today I did that with my M10R and a Summilux75 and a 35 Summicron and if I do not want to show my camera somewhere sometime, the whole bunch fits in the Pacsafe, even with the EVF2. I use my Billinghams as home-bases. 

That sounds a good idea. Very often when taking a walk I take a backpack just so I can have an extra lens and my mobile phone with me, plus reading glasses.

Pacsafe has 4 litres of space so enough for all those items plus a bin bag in case of rain. (Just tear the base of the bag and pull it over your head!)

"Outdoor Gear" in the UK has Pacsafe for GBP 43.78 including delivery. Much cheaper than from Pacsafe's own website.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, rramesh said:

Will the Billingham Galbin 8 binoculars case, fit a Leica M with lens?

https://billingham.co.uk/collections/camera-bags/products/galbin-binocular-case

Apparently so … https://www.reddotcameras.co.uk/billingham-bags/13798-billingham-galbin-8-black-black.html

The 10 will provide more wriggle room … https://www.reddotcameras.co.uk/billingham-bags/13801-billingham-galbin-10-black-black.html