Camera bag (again and again)

Schittra

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know this will be too boring topic. But bags are always coming. I just want to update my experience when I am more serious in photography again from August 2019. Then I can hear some feedback or thought or insight too.
Here are the bags that I currently use.

1. Wotancraft Trooper M – most used bag for 2 M10 with lenses (and can fit one or two more lenses). I can use as travel bag to fit one computer laptop too.
  2. Wotancraft Trooper S – second most used bag when I carry one M10 with lens (and can put one or two more lenses)
  3. Wandrd Prvke 21L – two M10 or one M10 with Q with 3-4 lenses and walking around the whole day or want to be gadget crazy day 😊 I also use it as day-pack with one M10/Q with bunch of stuffs.

Other bags I bought and no longer with me…

1. ONA A Bowery Canvas – I used it with Q before. Now my daughter likes it more and use it for her Sony RX10. She starts to use it for Q many times these days.
  2. ONA Brixton Leather – I used it for a week (similar usage to Wotancraft Trooper M). But it’s damn heavy. Already sold it.

What are your bags?
Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jdlaing said:

Billingham.

Yeah... I have Billingham Hadley Small Olive too. Rarely use it until forgot.

I was a Billingham Loyalty Customer, from Hadley Small, Hadley Pro, Hadley Large, The big one (don't remember model), L2. It's high quality bags.

Ona Bowery Leather bag in dark brown. The Leica edition with the red point. In this bag I can fit my M10 body with its lens attached plus 4 additional lenses (if needed; but its rarely needed). From Leica store I got little black bags to put the lenses in so that I can place one on top of the other (across the bag) not to scratch them. Finally there is a space for a spare battery including charger plus cable (Swiss sockets are very small and flat; a Euro socket would not fit).

If I want to carry more comfortably all that equipment plus filters and other small equipment I use a Lowepro Flipside AW II. 

And finally when I go hiking and I use only 2 lenses (one on camera) then I put the second lens in a small pouch from PeakDesign (range pouch small). The camera I carry across the body with its strap and half case from Luigi.

• Like 1

As a Leica M user for more than 30 years I know this challenge very well, whichever bag you buy or use, it never is perfect..... So I decided to adapt a bag for my purpose - the bag should be small, of reasonable quality and inconspicuous - no expensive looking leather bag or any famous logo. I decided for the tamrac Apache 2.2, which is a rather small bag, inside dimensions 22x16x8.5cm or 8.5x6x3.5in, but it keeps two M bodies (M10-D, M6) and two additional lenses plus all the accessories like batteries, film, memory cards etc. And, this bag is not very expensive, it is made of solid waxed canvas and is fast and easy to open/close with the buckle.

For optimal use of the limited space I built an insert, made of 2mm stiff cardboard, medium soft foam material, stripes of fabric and felt and plenty of glue. Time it took is approx. 3hrs., average DIY knowledge is sufficient. Though it doesn't look perfect, please ignore the lint and glue residues, it fulfills my expectations very well, just see the photos.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by AndreasG
  • Like 9

I used to have muenchen oberwerth all leather, this would eat up almost everything i have but i realised it was too big and sometimes feel wasted, hence i sold it

my first bag was ona brixton leather, almost my go to camera bag, the size is just bout right with 2 bodies and few lenses with ipad for my post pro on the road

secondly i have a small freiburg full leather oberwerth, fits a body with a lens and 2 additional lenses 

and then comes my most favourite ona cliffton, for when travelling a far

• Like 1

I recently picked up a Peak Design Camera Cube (Small), and was surprised at how convenient it was.  I can easily fit my M10+90mm and 4 additional lenses.  The middle section has room for spare batteries and extras in the bottom, separated from the camera/lens with a cutout from an old yoga mat.  All this for less than $50.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, poli said:

Billingham digital (small hikes and bad weather)

Billingham Hadley Pro (travel, on board bag plane)

Wotancraft Ryker Small (body, 3 lenses, etc)

Wotancraft Ryker Xs (one lens and mb small lens) 

How do you like Wotancraft Ryker? It looks so cool :) I like how it looks. I don't like the zip, afraid to scratch the camera. It also has many metal parts, which might be heavy. I don't feel it heavy when I tried at the store. Maybe because I like its look too much. :) 

18 hours ago, M10 for me said:

Ona Bowery Leather bag in dark brown. The Leica edition with the red point. In this bag I can fit my M10 body with its lens attached plus 4 additional lenses (if needed; but its rarely needed). From Leica store I got little black bags to put the lenses in so that I can place one on top of the other (across the bag) not to scratch them. Finally there is a space for a spare battery including charger plus cable (Swiss sockets are very small and flat; a Euro socket would not fit).

If I want to carry more comfortably all that equipment plus filters and other small equipment I use a Lowepro Flipside AW II. 

And finally when I go hiking and I use only 2 lenses (one on camera) then I put the second lens in a small pouch from PeakDesign (range pouch small). The camera I carry across the body with its strap and half case from Luigi.

I see more and more people using Peak Design these days. I haven't tried it and might take a look :)

I got this Rox with a IIIc. It is probably from the sixties, but the company still exist: https://rox.de/de/

With three small lenses it works perfectly.

• Like 7

There is a small compartment underneath for a mini tri pod and/or a longer lens.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Schittra said:

How do you like Wotancraft Ryker? It looks so cool :) I like how it looks. I don't like the zip, afraid to scratch the camera. It also has many metal parts, which might be heavy. I don't feel it heavy when I tried at the store. Maybe because I like its look too much. :) 

The zip is plastic and I would take some real effort to scratch the camera with it. Nice feature is that you really seal it off with this zip. Disadvantagde, you are a bit slower with grabbing your gear. However, when I walk around with camera out/in, I only use the magnet flap. That gives very quick access. 

The XS and S are definitely not heavy. I used to have to Ona Bowery Leather. This felt too heavy for me. I also didn't like the stiffness of the leather. But the bag was beautiful to look at. So I have sold the Ona and changed for XS and S. 

Wotancraft gives more dividers, inside it feels better in details. 

About Billingham, you can't go wrong with those I think.  

• Like 1

-  ONA Bowery leather. This is my favorite small camera bag. it's my EDC bag. Configure in either 1 body 1 lens/2 body 2 lens/ 1 body 3 lens. 

- Artisan & Artist GCAM-1000. If I need to carry more gear I use the

- Billingham Hadley Small. Used to be my go to bag when I was shooting Sony RX1, haven't used it in recent 5 years I think.

If I go out with Sony gear

- Peak Design Everyday 20L/30L/Messenger 15/ Sling 5L  Depends on what gear I bring.

- F-Stop Tilopa. Single backpack traveling. 

Edited by darkinners
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, darkinners said:

-  ONA Bowery leather. This is my favorite small camera bag. it's my EDC bag. Configure in either 1 body 1 lens/2 body 2 lens/ 1 body 3 lens. 

- Artisan & Artist GCAM-1000. If I need to carry more gear I use the

- Billingham Hadley Small. Used to be my go to bag when I was shooting Sony RX1, haven't used it in recent 5 years I think.

If I go out with Sony gear

- Peak Design Everyday 20L/30L/Messenger 15/ Sling 5L  Depends on what gear I bring.

- F-Stop Tilopa. Single backpack traveling. 

I was big fan of A&A. It's superlight and practical. I just hope they will make other colors than black. I also have ONA Bowery Canvas (grey), which my daughter already borrows (and forget to return). I have Billingham Hadley Small (Olive) too. I rarely use it too... too boxy for me.

4 hours ago, poli said:

The zip is plastic and I would take some real effort to scratch the camera with it. Nice feature is that you really seal it off with this zip. Disadvantagde, you are a bit slower with grabbing your gear. However, when I walk around with camera out/in, I only use the magnet flap. That gives very quick access. 

The XS and S are definitely not heavy. I used to have to Ona Bowery Leather. This felt too heavy for me. I also didn't like the stiffness of the leather. But the bag was beautiful to look at. So I have sold the Ona and changed for XS and S. 

Wotancraft gives more dividers, inside it feels better in details. 

About Billingham, you can't go wrong with those I think.  

I sold my ONA too... I had Brixton leather - way too heavy.

Billingham Hadley Pro, and a Peak Designs 5L are my primary uses for an M or SL. I had a Wotan Trooper thinking it was the perfect size but found the metal latch/ring attachment on the straps just too noisy and clunky so I sold it.

• Like 1