You can only take 3 lenses with you...which 3?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, jaapv said:

The camera section of Light appears to have disappeared from their website entirely - they are into building camera systems for self-driving cars now, it seems.

Yes, I received a notice from Light about mid-Summer 2019 talking about their future plans. The L16 was, for them, mostly a technology demonstration, proof of concept; it wasn't their intent to pursue being/remaining just a consumer camera company. 

It's a fascinating camera. :) 

For a trip with street and landscape, the 11-23, 18-55, and 18 pancake. On a given day, I would carry either the two zooms or just the 18.

Together the zooms cover my favorite focal lengths, are small, light and well-made, and perform beautifully. I'd have a bag to carry the camera and two lenses.

The 18 is very small, very light and optically excellent (I can easily crop a bit to get 35 or even 50 field of view). Some days I want to feel light, so take just the CL and 18. The minimal combination is a lot of fun, IMO.

• Like 1

With CL, or T.
- I use a 35mmTL for general street photography.

- 55-135 mostly for portraits.

- 18 - 56 for events and travels if I only take one lens.

And old manual Nikkor lenses; 50mm, 28mm and 85mm for fun and casual shots when I don’t need fast (auto) focusing and when I am taking my time.

i love the control I have with manual lenses and their bokeh, but it is not easy for street photography.

From time to time, I am having fun with the excellent Angenieux 35-70, but too big for small cameras.

Edited by Louis
  • Like 1

I have just reduced my CL kit down to 3 lenses.

11-23

55-135

I have other lenses that will 'fit' Sigma 14-24, Sigma 45 but they get used mainly with the S1R

If I had to get rid of another CL lens then it would definitely be the 55-135

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Elmarit 24, 35 FLE or Summicron 35 iv depending on my program and 75lux. But because I mostly take MM1 and M9, I take both 35’s, the Summicron weighs nothing and I like it for B&W paired with the 75.