kingson138

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, recently I had designed and built by 3D printing a longer Endcap for retractible lenses. Basically it has an internal depth of 23mm, which i think will fit most of the M mount retractible lenses. I designed this Endcap for my 50mm Elmar F2.8 lens.

It is better to use a good 3D printer. I printed this Endcap using my Craftbot Plus printer at " 0.100mm " layer height, with 15% infill. I printed these Endcaps on Glass Bed with Dimafix 3D printer glue. The result is mirror smooth bottom. You can use PLA or PETG. This is a very clean design. There is no oozing to be cut except the last one when the nozzle started to go into Home position.  You can use any colors you want. I did not take a picture of the Endcaps today but i will add that to the Dropbox download folder. In this folder you can find a stp file and a stl file suitable for 3D printing. You can revise the design by loading the stp file. A computer rendering is included. Tomorrow evening I will put actual pictures into this downloadable folder.

This is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qsjcj2srlp3moea/AAD6QWKuZBCtYeihflJ3ZzIoa?dl=0

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This is a picture of the Black Endcap with the 50mm Elmar F2.8 lens.

More pictures already in the download link :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qsjcj2srlp3moea/AAD6QWKuZBCtYeihflJ3ZzIoa?dl=0

Regards,
Kingson

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

A gentleman on this forum sent me samples of the rear caps he was printing two or three years ago, but was unable to identify a printing material that would allow sufficient flexibility for the intended use.

The caps were brittle and small pieces would begin to wear off almost immediately.  The bits coming off naturally would not be good inside lenses or cameras.

What has been your experience in this regard?

Also, had you considered printing a double ended version to facilitate lens changes?

Edited by Good To Be Retired