Noctilux 0.95 aperture ring wobbles. Question

Alf62

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear fellow Leica Forum members,

After a number of years being able to resist buying a Noctilux 0.95,  I actually bought one today 😁 I just feel I am ready after having gained enough experience with an M and SL cameras to tam it ...

My copy does rotate a bit beyond the 0.95 fixing point of which I have read in different forums that this is not necessarily an issue ...

However, my copy has play in the aperture ring; or it wobbles a bit (if this is the right expression).

May I kindly ask you if those with an 0.95 have experience this as well? Do I need to send it back?

Thanks!

Thanks. Appreciate your feedback.

I was expected the 1 to 2mm beyond the 0.95 click might not be an issue but am afraid that play/wobble in the ring is.

I think I am going to return it for repair/replacement.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Thinking of some thing to check that may cause your problem.

Look at  the little screw under the shade. On my summilux50 which has the same type of shade, the screw was gone so the front ring could move and the aperture ring too.If the screw is only loose just need to tighten it (more surely glue it with very little nail varnish), if gone get it replaced. 

2 hours ago, Gelatino said:

Thinking of some thing to check that may cause your problem.

Look at  the little screw under the shade. On my summilux50 which has the same type of shade, the screw was gone so the front ring could move and the aperture ring too.If the screw is only loose just need to tighten it (more surely glue it with very little nail varnish), if gone get it replaced. 

Thank you Gelatino!

I have checked the two little screws under the shade. One seems to be more turned in than the other. I don’t dare to “try this at home” and will ask the Leica shop to have a look. 

If this is the issue, I will let you know but may thanks for this hint!

Cheers.

• Like 1