Remote triggering of S3

helged

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For those interested...: Remote triggering of S3 (as well as the other S-bodies) works fine. The shown setup gives af + trigger when Focus Mode is set to AF; and triggering only when Focus Mode is set to MF. The cable used is this one https://www.reddotforum.com/content/2012/01/wireless-triggering-the-leica-s2/ (the Wizard III is claimed to work for a distance up to 500 m; although I have only tested it for 75 m or thereabout).

1 hour ago, setuporg said:

The FOTOS app also works just fine and you can preview through the iphone, with focus and all!

Correct, and with WiFi you can control the camera on a distance of several tens of m. Which is fine. But the battery drain is large. So for longer distances, and for longer time periods, FOTOS fails. 

3 hours ago, helged said:

Correct, and with WiFi you can control the camera on a distance of several tens of m. Which is fine. But the battery drain is large. So for longer distances, and for longer time periods, FOTOS fails. 

I assume @helged your setup also works well in cold weather?  Really nice stuff..

8 hours ago, davidmknoble said:

I assume @helged your setup also works well in cold weather?  Really nice stuff..

Works fine in cold weather, although the battery poweribg of the Wizard might be a problem over time. The set-up needs to be protected in rainy weather though (easily done). 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, rollsman4 said:

I cant seem to locate one of these cables for my S 007 and Pocket Wizard Plus 3   Thanks

The cable you are looking for is not generally available. You can make it yourself, of contact Josh Lehrer at Leica Miami.