Links to S3 Reviews

peterv

i was fortunate to beta test the S3 camera and love the resolution and high iso.

Shot with the S3 and Summarit-S 45mm f2.8 CS

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, dfarkas said:

Definitely not what I would call my full review, but rather an overview of the S3, along with a selection of sample images I shot with the S3 and various lenses in Patagonia:

https://www.reddotforum.com/content/2020/03/leica-s3-64mp-medium-format-camera-now-shipping/

Yes, but David, you could make the Leica C-lux look so good we might want to buy it!  Love the Patagonia images, especially the portrait on the 45mm. Will be excited to see your full review after some time goes by...

Edited by davidmknoble
  • Like 1

Another review by a nice guy who actually doesn't have the camera.  It starts to get interesting at 6:19.  'The S2P is sick amazing but the megapixel now is more higher. [...] You need to have really big things like size per square meter' when it comes to MF sensor.

Edited by Chaemono
  • Thanks 1

This trend of the high MP sensor is killing me... However 64 puts the S3 in the same category as the other 50+ MP medium format cameras. 

Any idea what the big BIG difference BESIDES the high MP is between my 007 and this beast (also, not including video. A neat feature but unless it has L-log that is gradable as good as say the Panasonic S1H, or taking all that 16 bit goodness into video space... I dunno, seems as though the SL2 beats it video-wise hands down.

I may keep my 007. 37MP like the 24 on the Q1, SL1 and M10 (M240/246) is a sweet spot I already have evolved to. I don't need a crop factor, never have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bilbrown said:I may keep my 007. 37MP like the 24 on the Q1, SL1 and M10 (M240/246) is a sweet spot I already have evolved to. I don't need a crop factor, never have.

Im sort of in the same camp for now. Very used to it but also don’t need the megapixels and from my use in film, I crop a little. But not much at all. 

vor 9 Stunden schrieb helged:

Thanks @Chaemono! Hopefully we get somewhat more substantiated and hands-on 'reviews' in the not-to-far-future. In addition to @djmay and @dfarkas fine and real-world experiences, that is...

Yes, but it's hard to top the passion that both Oz and Ramsey convey when they talk about Leica gear and by that reflect how many of us feel.  "The glasses of the Leica S is sick."  

• Haha 1

The video Oz posted calling what amounted to slow Leica lenses (the Summarits, elmarits etc) dogs demonstrated to me that he has only a basic idea what he is talking about. It is frustrating these days that the self-proclaimed fonts of wisdom are generally just examples of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action. 

Edited by Stuart Richardson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, djmay said:

They should have listened to the philosopher Harry Callahan; “a man’s got to know his limitations.”

From the high, northern latitudes, by the explorer, scientist, diplomat, humanitarian and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Fridtjof Nansen:

“Man wants to know, and when he ceases to do so, he is no longer a man.”

And since we are in more modern times, and given today date, "man" should rather be "human mankind". 

Edited by helged
  • Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 4:54 PM, dfarkas said:

Definitely not what I would call my full review, but rather an overview of the S3, along with a selection of sample images I shot with the S3 and various lenses in Patagonia:

https://www.reddotforum.com/content/2020/03/leica-s3-64mp-medium-format-camera-now-shipping/

A great set of images samples 👍

• Like 1