what were the cameras used by Jean Baudrillard

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear Leica Forum members,

I do not know if my post will go through moderation, but I will give it a try as I don't know any other place where somebody might know the answer.

Jean Baudrillard was a prominent french sociologist, philosopher, postmodern thinker, photographer (on the basis of his works and ideas films such as Matrix and V for Vendetta were made)
Maybe, anybody here met him or knew him as a photographer?
Maybe somebody knows what were the camera models he used?
Anything about JB photography one may share would be precious. 

I have looked into every single uncollected interview, every single possible source where he speaks about photography, spoke with people who personally knew him, but so far, nobody knows what was the camera. The only thing is known that he started his journey in photography with a small Japanese camera gifted to him

I am attaching of the photos of JB from his album... There is something very special about it, it does seduce you as JB would have probably said , it looks "empy" but that's the whole idea, perhaps...

Somebody like me , a total goofy in everything related to film camera world (and digital for that matter), was insanely drewn into photography thanks to Jean Baudrillard's work :)
I really really hope there is somebody here who knows the camera model or at least give a hint where to search for

Kanykei

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Kanykei
extra info
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kanykei said:

Dear Leica Forum members,

I do not know if my post will go through moderation, but I will give it a try as I don't know any other place where somebody might know the answer.

Jean Baudrillard was a prominent french sociologist, philosopher, postmodern thinker, photographer (on the basis of his works and ideas films such as Matrix and V for Vendetta were made)
Maybe, anybody here met him or knew him as a photographer?
Maybe somebody knows what were the camera models he used?
Anything about JB photography one may share would be precious. 

I have looked into every single uncollected interview, every single possible source where he speaks about photography, spoke with people who personally knew him, but so far, nobody knows what was the camera. The only thing is known that he started his journey in photography with a small Japanese camera gifted to him

I am attaching of the photos of JB from his album... There is something very special about it, it does seduce you as JB would have probably said , it looks "empy" but that's the whole idea, perhaps...

Somebody like me , a total goofy in everything related to film camera world (and digital for that matter), was insanely drewn into photography thanks to Jean Baudrillard's work :)
I really really hope there is somebody here who knows the camera model or at least give a hint where to search for

Kanykei

Unfortunately I’m unable to help with your quest to find JB’s camera of choice, Kanykei, but I wonder if you have seen this article: http://leicaphilia.com/tag/jean-baudrillard-and-photography/

Perhaps contacting the author might lead you further down the road to find it? Anyway I wish you luck - and please share with us when you find out!

Edited by stray cat

a hint, here

Corbières (1999)

May I think that the type of camera (s) was not important for him.

His images are ...

Kanykei

This has nothing to do with "Collections/Collectors/Historica Leica",

May this thread be transfered to Barnack's Bar ?

Edited by a.noctilux

On 3/7/2020 at 8:42 PM, a.noctilux said:

a hint, here

Corbières (1999)

May I think that the type of camera (s) was not important for him.

His images are ...

Kanykei

This has nothing to do with "Collections/Collectors/Historica Leica",

May this thread be transfered to Barnack's Bar ?

Thank you for your comment. Yes, I will transfer it there. 
You are absolutely right he would not care about the type of camera at all 

On 3/6/2020 at 1:21 PM, stray cat said:

Unfortunately I’m unable to help with your quest to find JB’s camera of choice, Kanykei, but I wonder if you have seen this article: http://leicaphilia.com/tag/jean-baudrillard-and-photography/

Perhaps contacting the author might lead you further down the road to find it? Anyway I wish you luck - and please share with us when you find out!

Thank you Phil!
So far:Judging from two self portraits it was probably Nikon s Range finder and the other Canon Eos 50 e

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1