Image posting problems

jpreisch

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been a member of this site since July 5, 2004.  I have contributed 885 content items.  I have recently started having issues with uploading images, in that I have used all of the attachment space allowed. When I click on the manage attachment space link I can see my attachments but I can't do anything with them. I have sent a message to the Staff mentioning my problem and have not received an answer.

My Rank is Erfahrener Benutzer.  I am not a pro subscriber.  Is that the problem? 

Where should I have read all the rules and limits on posting.

Respectfully

Jim Preisch

Jim - 

The forum rules have this to say about attachment sizes:

The maximum image size is 2480 x 2480 pixels and with a file size not exceeding 1000 kB per Post.

The software which runs the forum has a bug. It will accept your attachment for the first post, provided it's no more than the set limit. When you're preparing your second post, it will not reset its counter and will therefore wrongly claim that your limit is exceeded. you can recover from that by clicking on the "refresh" button which looks like this in my browser: 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I think it's possible that you run afoul of this bug.

Your "rank" has nothing to do whatsoever with your posting capabilities. It's just there for decoration.

• Like 1

See the thread you started on Feb 1st. It is pinned at the top of this forum. If you are using Firefox try another browser; Firefox has some strange issues with its security settings at the moment, I find.