Reasonable Price for 120mm CS

Jan1985

1 hour ago, Jan1985 said:

What you guys think is a reasonable for a 120mm Summarit-S CS Version with fixed AF Motor?

Not totally sure today, but I've seen the 30 and 35 for about $3,295 USD with a new motor in great shape, box, caps, case.  So, I would think because the 120 was the same generation of lens that it would be similar...

16 hours ago, Jan1985 said:

I have CS version for sale.. Because I want to buy a 100mm... To keep both makes no sense...

Maybe we can do a swap ;) I would like the 120mm CS ;) but it must be a in great condition and new motor and no focus issues. 

My 100mm f2 just returned from Wetzlar with perfect focusing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darylgo said:

Pardon the change in direction. Does the body and lens need to be tuned to each other for perfect focus?  

@darylgo, typically the S does not need to have both tuned to each other.  I have not had any problems with the 120mm or the 180mm out of the box.  However, if one is out of tolerance, it is always possible the other is also, which can cause problems.  Mirrors, simply because the flip up and down, have historically needed more frequent adjustments than mirrorless systems. But, I have never had to send my S007 or a lens in for adjustment. 

2 hours ago, davidmknoble said:

@darylgo, typically the S does not need to have both tuned to each other.  I have not had any problems with the 120mm or the 180mm out of the box.  However, if one is out of tolerance, it is always possible the other is also, which can cause problems.  Mirrors, simply because the flip up and down, have historically needed more frequent adjustments than mirrorless systems. But, I have never had to send my S007 or a lens in for adjustment. 

Thanks David, my S bodies and lenses seem to play well together, the one exception is the 180mm focus.  I'm constantly sending M equipment back for adjustment, the idea that S lenses could be adjusted never occurred to me.    

1 minute ago, darylgo said:

Thanks David, my S bodies and lenses seem to play well together, the one exception is the 180mm focus.  I'm constantly sending M equipment back for adjustment, the idea that S lenses could be adjusted never occurred to me.    

I understand - I have matched M bodies to lenses before, the APO 90 'cron was the worst and I finally got rid of the lens.  My Noctilux 1.0 works perfectly .. just tolerances.  I've not had an S lens that needed adjustment, but truth be told, I've purchased all but one used, after a CLA with a new motor.  So, I guess Leica probably set it to tolerance then. I love the 180mm - hope you get that working as it needs to be!

• Like 1