Hot-shoe cover for the DC-S1 and the DC-S1R

Richardgb

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It was bound to happen... the hot shoe cover not being found where I though I'd put it*. I'd noticed that there were any number of hot-shoe covers for Lumix / Panasonic offered on E-bay and Amazon, but what I didn't know was the part number.

Anyway, an e-mail enquiry to Panasonic Customer Service about getting a replacement elicited this very helpful reply:

'The part number for the hot shoe cover for the DC-S1 and the DC-S1R is DVYE1121Z, for a price of £7.34 with delivery included.

'In case you need to replace this part, we can help with placing the order.

'We can forward your request to the order department, but we cannot take payment details here, we have a safe line to finalize the order and take payment. For this I would need your full name for the order, full address for delivery and your contact phone number, so that they know on which phone number they can reach you.'

This all seems very reasonable (and especially compared to the £40 or so I once paid for a hot-shoe cover for my M Typ 240😦).

So a big 👍 to Panasonic.

*As it happens, no sooner had I searched high and low without luck, then contacted Panasonic, than the hot-shoe cover fell out of a pocket when I hung my clothes up🙄.