Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.2 Aspherical III VM lens announced

padam

1 hour ago, bayernfan said:

9 to 10 elements, 7 groups, 2 aspherical elements.  That's enough to say they're "similar".  If you want to nit-pick, have at it.  😆

The elements are of a totally different shape and sequence, not to mention the concave front element that's also seen on the 35 Summilux and ZM 1,4/35.

All my girlfriends were women, though no two were remotely similar except of course, for being women.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rob L said:

The optical experts 🙂 over at Fred Miranda (actually some very knowledgeable guys) say this lens is very similar to the Nokton f1.2 40 & 50 lenses in design.

Would make sense. Why re-invent the wheel.

IIRC, the 75 APO was based on the 50 Summilux ASPH design.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 12:02 PM, Harpomatic said:

Thanks for the link!

As usual, appalling pictures...🤦🏼‍♂️

Oh come on, they're not that b... actually yea they're pretty terrible, and not a single one wide open 🤔

• Haha 2

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Voigtländer Nokton 35mm Versions I, II and III

• Like 3

Leica M10P + Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f1.2 iii , Flickr Album

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Peter Saputra, on Flickr

• Like 5

19 hours ago, hillavoider said:

Why ya think that, I have the 2 and GAS, talk me out of it 

The new line of voigtlanders (40/1.2, 50/1.2, and now the 35/1.2) all share a similar signature (more contrast and sharpness at larger apertures). Many people like the new lenses and that’s great. I, however, don’t find their output nearly as interesting or pleasing. Gone is that bit of dreaminess many of their older designs had.

I’d own and use the 35/1.2 V2 if it wasn’t such a massive thing. I’ll make due with a summilux asph. 🙂

Edited by bayernfan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bayernfan said:

The new line of voigtlanders (40/1.2, 50/1.2, and now the 35/1.2) all share a similar signature (more contrast and sharpness at larger apertures). Many people like the new lenses and that’s great. I, however, don’t find their output nearly as interesting or pleasing. Gone is that bit of dreaminess many of their older designs had.

I’d own and use the 35/1.2 V2 if it wasn’t such a massive thing. I’ll make due with a summilux asph. 🙂

lol lux asph….. make do ??? the lux asph would be even sharper then the CV 35 V3 wouldn't it. I would definitely be happy with a 35 lux asph

5 hours ago, hillavoider said:

lol lux asph….. make do ??? the lux asph would be even sharper then the CV 35 V3 wouldn't it. I would definitely be happy with a 35 lux asph

The 35 Lux ASPH (non-FLE) is a tricky lens to use because of its focus shift. Don’t care how exquisite the rendering. Had a similar issue with a 35 Summicron ASPH; lovely rendering @ f/2 but the shift on digital M drove me to distraction. 

• Like 2