Digilux 2 lens stripdown advice sought.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Over the years I have sold surplus D2 lenses to various people who wanted to try and fit a mount to this wonderful lens. So far I have not heard of anyone who has had any success.. I sent a D2 lens to two lens workshops in Britain asking them to have a go. It was returned without an attempt being made.

Last week I discovered a single piece of fungus on an LC1 lens. Inside the first element. This makes the lens valueless. I removed the decorative strip and the first part of plastic but I could not detach the first element. So this means a complete stripdown starting at the sensor end. I have drawings of the component parts but if anyone has done this job I would love to hear from them.

Thanks,,,,John.

29 minutes ago, jankap said:

In a German forum they advise heating the lens for half an hour at 80 degrees to stop the fungus growing. 

Thank you for that Jankap. My morals would not allow me to sell a lens with fungus in it. So to me it is already scrap. If I make a mess of the stripdown it won't hurt so much.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 9:57 AM, corson said:

Over the years I have sold surplus D2 lenses to various people who wanted to try and fit a mount to this wonderful lens. So far I have not heard of anyone who has had any success.. I sent a D2 lens to two lens workshops in Britain asking them to have a go. It was returned without an attempt being made.

Last week I discovered a single piece of fungus on an LC1 lens. Inside the first element. This makes the lens valueless. I removed the decorative strip and the first part of plastic but I could not detach the first element. So this means a complete stripdown starting at the sensor end. I have drawings of the component parts but if anyone has done this job I would love to hear from them.

Thanks,,,,John.

Corson,

You could ask forum member @audidudi. I recall from many years ago that he was heavily into stripping down Digillux 2's and LC1's at the time although I don't know whether he stripped the lenses down as well.

He last visited the forum on 10th December 2019 so you might need to be a little patient.

Pete.

9 hours ago, farnz said:

Corson,

You could ask forum member @audidudi. I recall from many years ago that he was heavily into stripping down Digillux 2's and LC1's at the time although I don't know whether he stripped the lenses down as well.

He last visited the forum on 10th December 2019 so you might need to be a little patient.

Pete.

Thank you very much Pete, I'll contact him. Needless to say I haven't even started yet. I have 4 LC1s waiting on me replacing the sensors + 4 others I've already repaired but haven't got round to advertising them.

Regards,,,,John.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 minutes ago, corson said:

Thank you very much Pete, I'll contact him. Needless to say I haven't even started yet. I have 4 LC1s waiting on me replacing the sensors + 4 others I've already repaired but haven't got round to advertising them.

Regards,,,,John.

When he visits the forum next he should be alerted to this conversation through the Notifications 'bell' at the top of the page by the "@" I added in front of his forum name.

Pete.

1 minute ago, farnz said:

When he visits the forum next he should be alerted to this conversation through the Notifications 'bell' at the top of the page by the "@" I added in front of his forum name.

Pete.

That's great,,,,,Thanks.

J.