Running two of the same cameras?

erniethemilk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Two for a while, then many more ... or less over time.

My last couple 🙃 of film Ms ( but by now I'm happy carrying, using only one each outing ).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Always kept two (or three) interchangeable bodies. For the last twenty years, I've kept at least two M4-P bodies as my daily workhorses---that is, go-to equipment in addition to what else I might have at hand. Happy to say that I never lost a day of work on account of not having the equipment.

Yes. I am using the M6 predominantly for B&W films, and I bought additionally the M7 for color films. Advantage of the M7 is a more accurate light meter which is better for color slide films where correct exposure is more critical. Unfortunately both cameras rotate the exposure wheel in opposite directions which can be a bit confusing by using them in parallel (The M6 TTL uses the same larger wheel as in the M7 and dial rotation is the same as in the M7, too). 

I have two 3f, one colour loaded the other monochrome.

Sent one to Alan starkie in May 2019 and developed withdrawal symptoms in September.

Started to look for a 'locum tenens' but managed to avoid buying one.

My own camera returned to me, yesterday. "Oh! frabjous joy, Calloo  callay"

It was just a 'service' or c.l.a. but whatever he does makes the outside gleam.

That gloss alone adds £50 to its value!

The other will go at sometime.  

D.Lox.

I've only very recently been able to afford a Leica M but have have for many years (decades) carried two (or more) manual focus Nikon bodies and a few lenses when I travel.  The reasons are fairly obvious, different films in each, or same film but dedicated lenses on each, and of course , having a back-up. Having a backup is, obviously, crucially important when you're getting paid (or not) to bring home the photos.  On one two week gig in Peru, I took two Nikon FE. The chrome body died of the the dreaded shutter lockup on day three. No problem... I've still got the black body...but, the shutter speed selector on that body came loose on day ten. Luckily, I was able to get it to a known shutter speed and duct-tape it together well enough to photograph the last three days of the trip.  When I got home, I replaced those Nikon FE's with Nikon F2's and have never had another mechanical issue since.

I also learned early on that two black bodies always get confused - far better to have one chrome and one black so that they can quickly and easily be distinguished.  With the Nikons, it was also nice to have two of the same model - because different models are ever so slightly different in use. 

So, yeah... if you have the means, definitely get two - one black and one chrome...(or titanium!)   :)

• Like 1