SL2 or S1R?

Jon Warwick

56 minutes ago, Macberg said:

Why? Did they use the Panasonic SR1 to test the Leica SL 35 lens?

Yes.  Their review was published before the SL2 was available.

2 hours ago, Donzo98 said:

I haven't compared myself... but friends that compared the two bodies directly have not noticed any difference between the two using SL glass...

If your shots are accurate... which I certainly don't doubt... the non stellar score of the 35 SL on DXO might be explained.

Hey, this lens is so good that you really have to look carefully to see any limitations.  Also, generally pixel-peepers are landscape photographers, who would tend to shoot everything at f/5.6  or so.  My test was intentionally done at f/2.0 and I check on jpegs rendered at max quality at 100%.  I would feel perfectly comfortable using this lens on my S1R, (all my work on the Faroes last summer, for example), but might stop down a bit.  Or put the 50 or 75 on the S1R and save the SL2 for the 35.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

Yes.  Their review was published before the SL2 was available.

Hey, this lens is so good that you really have to look carefully to see any limitations.  Also, generally pixel-peepers are landscape photographers, who would tend to shoot everything at f/5.6  or so.  My test was intentionally done at f/2.0 and I check on jpegs rendered at max quality at 100%.  I would feel perfectly comfortable using this lens on my S1R, (all my work on the Faroes last summer, for example), but might stop down a bit.  Or put the 50 or 75 on the S1R and save the SL2 for the 35.

Stop down?? What's that... LOL.

Have you compared the 50/75 on both bodies as well??