Sign in to follow this  
KenBennett

Writing to Card is a lot speedier with v2.0 Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just installed the new Q2 firmware. Writing to the SD card is significantly improved. The buffer hasn't improved, of course, so I still get only 9 fast DNG+JPEG photos before the camera stops shooting, but instead of ~20 sec to finish writing, now it's <10 seconds. The card is a Sandisk Extreme Pro 300 mb/sec 64 GB. 

I had never saved my settings as a User Profile, so I lost them. (Hint, when the camera asks if you would like to save your user settings before doing the firmware upgrade, it's NOT going to tell you that you don't have any. :) ) Now I get to spend the next 30 minutes trying to recreate my settings. Sigh. 

12 hours ago, KenBennett said:

Just installed the new Q2 firmware. Writing to the SD card is significantly improved. The buffer hasn't improved, of course, so I still get only 9 fast DNG+JPEG photos before the camera stops shooting, but instead of ~20 sec to finish writing, now it's <10 seconds. The card is a Sandisk Extreme Pro 300 mb/sec 64 GB. 

I had never saved my settings as a User Profile, so I lost them. (Hint, when the camera asks if you would like to save your user settings before doing the firmware upgrade, it's NOT going to tell you that you don't have any. :) ) Now I get to spend the next 30 minutes trying to recreate my settings. Sigh. 

I didn't have any profiles set up. I said "yes" to saving user settings during upgrade, then afterwards did an "Import Profiles", and they all came back. Default profile is a profile.

If you haven't erased your card yet, put it into the camera and do that. I think you'll be pleased with the results.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By O Driver
      Leica Q2 - Boxed, as new, with all original accessories. Plus extra USB charger. Only 98 shots.
      Not used enough for me to keep!
      One small mark on / around the menu button, otherwise perfect.
      Purchased December 2019 from Red Dot Camera. Software license not registered.
      FedEx shipping from Germany, payment in GBP or EUR to my German bank account.

• By sonny.krause
      Hallo und guten Abend!
      kann mir jemand sagen, wie ich die Geodaten in meine EXIF bekomme?
      Wird ja in dem Update der Fotoapp als neue Funktion angezeigt - aber egal was ich mache - ich bekomme keine GPS-Daten in die EXIF!
      Habe die alte App gelöscht (IOS) und die neue heruntergeladen. Wenn ich die App und die Kamera (Q2) einschalte, dann wird WiFi-Verbindung zur Fernbedienung der
      Kamera hergestellt - was ich ja eigentlich gar nicht möchte. Schalte ich jetzt mit der Kamera die WiFi-Verbindung aus, dann kommen keine GSP-Daten - ich hab schon
      alles versucht!
      Was mache ich falsch??
      Danke für Eure Hilfe!
      Viele Grüße
      Sonja
    • By frame-it
      New Firmware already
      https://us.leica-camera.com/content/download/183909/4981596/version/2/file/S3-1.1.0.0-CUSTOMER.FW
      https://us.leica-camera.com/content/download/183990/4984350/version/1/file/Installation_FW S3_1_1 - EN.pdf
    • By FHPdoc
      Back in September, I was able to sail aboard the USS CONSTITUTION, the world's oldest commissioned naval warship afloat.  The HMS VICTORY, Lord Nelson's flagship at Trafalgar, has actually been commissioned longer, but sadly she is in dry dock and no longer afloat.  This series comprises my selects while using the Q2 as a point-and-shoot for that once-in-a-lifetime experience...

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By df1hx
      Moin!
      Bei den meisten Bildern sieht man's natürlich, dennoch die Frage ob die Aktivierung/Nutzung der Makrofunktion der Q2 irgendwo in den EXIF Daten ausgewiesen wird.
      Wäre z.B. nützlich bei der Durchsuchung grösserer Bildbestände per Software nach derartigen Fotos.
      Danke, schönes WE und cheers, thomas

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy