Leica Х туp 113 Viewfinder

alexbarspb

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello

the help of experts is necessary !

I want to buy  the Leica X type 113 camera , but original electronic Leica viewfinders are really  expensive.

Also it is impossible to use analogs from Olympus like for X1 and X2 models.

Anyone knows  is it possible to use on this camera some kind of old types of optical  viewfinders for example the 36 mm from Voigtlander or Leica?

Waiting for answers .

Alexander

Alexander,welcome to the forum.  Any finder with the correct focal length (or near) and which fits the standard shoe should be fine.  The Leica finder has the small benefit of a parallax line for use close up.

you mean that the simple standard shoe  Leica 36 will be ok ?

The problem by me is that after stroke it is difficult to to hold the camera realy hard  with 1 hand - so viewfinder gives the extra point of support and of course any type viewfinders helps in composition construction.Thank You  for the help.

Yes. Also, for security, do use the supplied leather camera strap. For my X1 I find the shorter wrist strap perfect, but the tautness of the neck strap might serve you better and will mimimise camera shake. Enjoy! 

• Like 1

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum and X cameras :)  The 36mm OVF finder works nicely on the X 113 however, be advised that with the X1 and I imagine the X2/XE as well, there is a green light that illuminates on the back of the camera confirming your focus and exposure.  On the X 113 you need to see the green square on the LCD which invloves bringing your eye away from the OVF slightly or first.  I personally prefer the X113 to the X1 although it is just a different design and that particular feature (the green lamp) is a real plus on the X1, so given your preference with one hand, it might be a worthy consideration.

David

Hello Alexander, welcome to the club. I have the X 113 and use it with a Voigtländer 35 mm optical viewfinder. These may be discontinued but still available for purchase. I got a silver one for my silver X 113. When shooting portraits I mostly switch on face detection. 

Best