anyone installed FW 3.7 yet ?

frame-it

Let's hope you made some error during installation.  If your Leica shop is able to reset the camera and a second installation solves the problem, please let us know. I haven't encountered your problem after updating both of my SLs. using each one, and displaying the results on the LCD.

edit:  Something to try before going back to Leica -- assuming that the camera still starts normally and your problems start when pushing the play button --

start it up and see which firmware it thinks it is running.  If it says 3.6, then install 3.7 again.  Maybe this time it will settle down properly.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

8 hours ago, Echoben said:

I installed onto my SL. Camera freezes now on playback. On/Off switch doesn't unfreeze it. Only way around it is to pull the battery. Would not recommend installing on SL. Going to contact Leica tomorrow to see what they say.

2 hours ago, Exodies said:

Playback suggests the card might be doing something wrong. Try a different one.

Agree with Exodies, could be a card issue. I had very similar issues with my CL brand new out of the box -freezing on playback  & only battery removal would work.

It turned out that it was card issue (Panasonic), the problem disappeared when I used a different card (Lexar). 

3 hours ago, Echoben said:

Thanks for the tips. Turns out I didn't delete the firmware update file from the root directory and when deleted, problem went away. 

I think the folks who blame the card are most likely right.  I don't always delete the firmware update and in fact I put it onto a card in current use to ensure continuity in file numbering.  Anyway, glad the problem went away.