Leica FOTOS app for iPad - Won't connect with Q2

chey

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have the latest firmware update and have had no issues with the iPhone FOTOS. I decided to try the iPad version. I can get the app to and camera to recognize each other, yet i get a message that there was a failure to establish the connection(the same issue happens with the iPhone version running o my iPad as well).

Does anyone have solutions? Suggestions?

Thanks 

31 minutes ago, DexL said:

Try deleting and reloading app also in case it’s caching data from the old software info.

Good idea! I just tried it, but still not able to establish a connection.

But thanks for the suggestion. It's appreciated.

15 hours ago, DexL said:

Try deleting and reloading app also in case it’s caching data from the old software info.

Well, I was able to resolve the issue. Apparently I can't read instructions. When it couldn't connect, the app suggested restarting bluetooth. I assumed that was with the camera. 
I went into the iPad settings and turned bluetooth off and then on again. It works now!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'ver has this same issue with my phone since updating to V2.   I've tried everything - it finds the camera, starts wifi, shows wifi is connected in the phone settings - but then says it couldn't establish a connection.

Nothing I do makes any difference

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have nothing but trouble with the Q2 and the Fotos App for the past year. It just doesn't work.....it will transfer photos to the phone (xiaomi) once in every thirty attempts. As a product it is a disaster. The one question I have is whether a qr code should show up in the process...that seems to be the case in other Leica products. I have done the firmware update...no change...nothing works. Any suggestions?

Clear the wifilist from your iPad, delete the app completely, download and reinstall the app and connect following the instructions to the letter. The same with your phone. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jaapv said:

Clear the wifilist from your iPad, delete the app completely, download and reinstall the app and connect following the instructions to the letter. The same with your phone. 

Thanks for the tips but I have done all these many, many times. At the moment I get the app and camera connected but no photos show up. I am told to take a photo remotely which is sometimes possible but the photo never shows….the app behaves erratically and every now and again I try once more but these days with absolutely no luck…. 

I was able to connect to my Q2 occasionally with an earlier version, but haven't been able to do so successfully for months. Or to be exact, it connects OK sometimes, but even then I can't see the photos on the camera, but I can use it as a remote.

Same issue with 4.0. Same happens on two different Android devices.

Really disappointed with Leica, as this is my first experience with their cameras.

Edited by darkdays