Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am looking for a Nikon F/G mount adaptor to L mount.  There are a lot of $20-30. Models and $125 up models on the market, but very few reviews 

I left Nikon for Leica because the newer lenses seem to be not as sharp as they were years ago.  However, i do have some amazing lenses from a few years ago that i kept when i sold not D5’s.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a really good quality adaptor ? 

I bought the Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter for like $25 to use my older manual focus Nikon lenses on my M240. It works perfectly. The fit is snug and secure. And, as there are obviously no optics involved, all that matters is the fit. 

29 minutes ago, sboyle92 said:

I bought the Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter for like $25 to use my older manual focus Nikon lenses on my M240. It works perfectly. The fit is snug and secure. And, as there are obviously no optics involved, all that matters is the fit. 

that helps, it is inexpensive enough to give it a try, I have some seriously sharp lenses I want to utilize

On 2/7/2020 at 11:52 PM, Scottjon said:

I am looking for a Nikon F/G mount adaptor to L mount.  There are a lot of $20-30. Models and $125 up models on the market, but very few reviews 

I left Nikon for Leica because the newer lenses seem to be not as sharp as they were years ago.  However, i do have some amazing lenses from a few years ago that i kept when i sold not D5’s.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a really good quality adaptor ? 

Here is my Novoflex adapter on a 1960's 7.5mm F5.6 Fisheye...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 2/28/2020 at 9:41 PM, Donzo98 said:

Here is my Novoflex adapter on a 1960's 7.5mm F5.6 Fisheye...

I have the same Novoflex Nikon G adaptor.  It works great with my 14-24, 105 Micro and 80-200 Nikkors and others.  The fit is good on both ends with no play.  

On 3/3/2020 at 4:37 AM, Mick H said:

I have the same Novoflex Nikon G adaptor.  It works great with my 14-24, 105 Micro and 80-200 Nikkors and others.  The fit is good on both ends with no play.  

Does it autofocus with 14-24? I have one I haven’t sold and was thinking of adapting it to the S1r. Is there a link for this adapter?

16 hours ago, sanadsaad said:

Does it autofocus with 14-24? I have one I haven’t sold and was thinking of adapting it to the S1r. Is there a link for this adapter?

It does not autofocus the 14-24 G Nikkor lens.  It only allows manual aperture control via the blue anodized ring.  There is an AF Novoflex L mount  to Nikon F adapter.  I have that adapter and it will only autofocus Nikkor E lenses and only in AFS and Not AFC on my SL.  I tried this AF adapter on my S1H and it will not allow any autofocus.  The S1H prompts me to turn on manual focus when I install this Novoflex AF adapter.

I broke down and ordered the autofocus novaflex Nikon to L adapter the other day from B&H in order to control the aperture on my Nikon 19mm T/S on my S1R. I received a refund and note yesterday that the adapter has been discontinued.

https://www.novoflex.de/en/products-637/lens-adapters//adapterfinder-products/camera/leica-sl-t-tl-tl2-cl-mirrorless/objectiv/38.html

Above is a link to the Novoflex Nikon G adapter and the Nikon E autofocus adapters.  The Nikon G adaptor is correct for the 14-24 G Nikkor and has aperture control as the lens does not have a manual aperture ring.  I use this combination on my SL and S1H.  Note that the S1H IBIS will need correct focal length input.  I assign 14mm as I shoot ultrawide with it mostly.  The S1H will allow a lens description to be inputted and it will show up in file metadata.  Note that if you have IBIS turned on for multiple adapted lenses, you must have the correct focal length selected for correct IBIS functionality.  The S1H prompts me each time I install an adapted lens as it only remembers the last installed lens/adapter combo.  I used the 14-24 once with a 80-200 IBIS profile accidentally and the results were blurry.

9 minutes ago, rpittal said:

I broke down and ordered the autofocus novaflex Nikon to L adapter the other day from B&H in order to control the aperture on my Nikon 19mm T/S on my S1R. I received a refund and note yesterday that the adapter has been discontinued.

I use the AF Novoflex with a Nikon mount Sigma 105 1.4 Art.  I am planning on converting the Sigma to L mount for full functionality on SL and S1H.  If I want to add the stellar 19 T/S Nikkor later, I will need to keep the adapter for aperture control.  

I use the mc21 and a nikon G to canon adapter with chip so i get some exif data unfortunately always 50mm. I have ordered another with the dandelion chip so  I can set different focal lengths. I get wonderful results from a nikkor 35 f2 manual focused with the double adapter 

Posted (edited)

Is the Novoflex v Fotodiox battle resolved, yet, for Nikon G to L-mount adapters?  I uses that it’s a matter of who has the better engineering?What about the Metabones https://www.metabones.com/products/details/MB_NFG-L-BM1 ? They also seems to have been in the business for some time and they claim that you can select precise aperture. 

Edited by jrp