rivi1969

M9 strap order went bad... is this the way to treat customers?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I order from Leica a rope strap for my recently adquiere M9P, they sent me an invoice for 57 Euros and I haven't being able to go to the bank to make the deposit, (Actually I forgot to do it) last time they try to charge my card directly my bank block my card. And now I am receiving threats by email and even by regular post mail from the other side of the Atlantic. What kind of "steps" they want to take against my persona? Is not like they send me a camera in advance and I am not paying for it.

This kind of awful customer service makes me want to put my Leica for sale. 

Dear Mr. Ricardo Villagran Vicent,

Please send an information or the money. 

Otherwise we will unfortunately be forced to take further steps against you.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen/ Kind regards

Anne Madeiski

2 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

You forgot to pay. Your bank blocked payment.
What exactly has Leica done wrong?

I forgot to pay, they have the strap. So what kind of "actions against me" they want to take, sue me? I payed almost 3 thousand dollars to them for a camera and they want to sue me because I haven't paid a 60 dollars strap I order and they still have?

Why don't you simply ask them if they have already sent the strap you ordered, and if they have, tell them you will pay a.s.a.p. If they have not sent out your item yet, then you are free to tell them that either you still want the strap and are going to pay for it or tell them you have decided otherwise and no longer want the strap. It is as easy as that.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

14 minutes ago, rivi1969 said:

I forgot to pay, they have the strap. So what kind of "actions against me" they want to take, sue me? I payed almost 3 thousand dollars to them for a camera and they want to sue me because I haven't paid a 60 dollars strap I order and they still have?

Actually it will not be against you, but in your favor: as in, we will collect/make you pay since you kindly forgot to do so or even inform us here was an issue,all this since you have been too busy drooling at the beautiful camera we just sold you :D

don't take it so serious - at least not yet: it's corporate legal mambo-jambo. IMO they are bit off, as could have said something more "pleasant" like: there is an issue with payment or it seems that you forgot to pay for this invoice. If you don't correct the situation, we will be cancelling order. Since likely was not  a by order custom-made strap, and was not sent out, I doubt there is anything that can be done against you...

but it is just my opinion/experience - not a legal advice LOL

Edited by nwphil

2 minutes ago, earleygallery said:

I suspect it’s a translation issue, they probably just mean that they will cancel your order. 

I don't know, if the German translation for "we will cancel your order" ends in "we will take actions against you"...

vor 1 Minute schrieb rivi1969:

I don't know, if the German translation for "we will cancel your order" ends in "we will take actions against you"...

I supect that Leica have already dispatched the strap, and now they think they won't get any money from you. Pop them an email to clarify the situation.

Yes, I contact them already asking what exactly do they mean by that. I got the same notice on paper by regular post service, but I don't have the strap, and never got a notice of dispatched, I am sure they still have it. Of course if they send it I will go tomorrow to the bank.

Edited by rivi1969

17 minutes ago, Ko.Fe. said:

Ordering strap for Leica and forgetting to pay for it is like promising to spouse to pickup from the shopping mall and forgetting. :) 

😂 Now I get it!!! 😂

When you press the purchase button in an online shop you sign a contract with the merchant. You can expect that you will get the strap, Leica can expect that you fulfill your part of the contract and pay. They probably manufactured the strap for you or purchased it from another merchant and now it lies around just for you and you don't pay.

Did you reach out to Leica that you have problems paying and ask them for more time or to cancel the order? Early communication is the key in a contract situation.

3 minutes ago, tom.w.bn said:

When you press the purchase button in an online shop you sign a contract with the merchant. You can expect that you will get the strap, Leica can expect that you fulfill your part of the contract and pay. They probably manufactured the strap for you or purchased it from another merchant and now it lies around just for you and you don't pay.

Did you reach out to Leica that you have problems paying and ask them for more time or to cancel the order? Early communication is the key in a contract situation.

No, I don't cancel the order I just simply forgot to go to the bank to make the deposit. The point is, I don't see the need to make threats claiming they will take actions against me, a simple "if you don't pay the order will be cancel" will suffice.  

26 minutes ago, tom.w.bn said:

They probably manufactured the strap for you or purchased it from another merchant...

I wouldn't think that each strap is made to order or purchased individually! 

It seems more like a language issue... when they write  "Please send an information or the money.", I would take this to mean please either let them know that you wish to cancel or send them information about the payment.

As for "Otherwise we will unfortunately be forced to take further steps against you." again, I'm just guessing but I would think they just mean that if they don't hear from you, they will cancel the order on their side.

I agree that the wording was pretty bad but I really don't think it is meant as a threat!

vor 21 Minuten schrieb ianman:

I agree that the wording was pretty bad but I really don't think it is meant as a threat!

I absolutely agree, especially when you consider the price of the item.

That does seem like hostile wording from a customer rep, maybe it could be a communication issue like others here pointed out. Or someone could just be having a bad day. I’d certainly write them back for clarification on how they intend to follow up. 

I’ve been feeling the urge to get some new gear for mine lately, and the Leica stores in Miami and SF have been very good to deal with in the past 🙂 

hope everything can be worked out, it could just be a misunderstanding from the communication side 

Edited by Charadis
Just adding a few more lines of comment, that’s all. No big

1 hour ago, Charadis said:

That does seem like hostile wording from a customer rep, maybe it could be a communication issue like others here pointed out. Or someone could just be having a bad day. I’d certainly write them back for clarification on how they intend to follow up. 

I’ve been feeling the urge to get some new gear for mine lately, and the Leica stores in Miami and SF have been very good to deal with in the past 🙂 

hope everything can be worked out, it could just be a misunderstanding from the communication side 

Totally hostile... I think they speak perfectly fine English, good enough to know that "we will unfortunately be forced to take further steps against you" means something completely different than "we are unfortunately going to cancel your order" I already complain with somebody else in the customer care chain of command, and obviously not going to buy anything else from them, in fact my M9P is up for sale if someone is interested lol.

Edited by rivi1969

21 minutes ago, earleygallery said:

Calm down dear, it’s only a camera strap!

😂