Q2 Firmware Update Features for CL?

I dunno. The feature update posted for the Q2 seems good, but honestly I can't say that any of the updates will substantively improve or change what I do with the CL. I'm pretty darn happy with the way the CL works just as it is now. 

G

• Like 1

It reads like the Auto ISO operation was "fixed" to work like it should have all along. I never utilize apps like FOTOS and face detection operational upgrades sound geared more toward the PHD (point here dummy) shooters.Neither the Q2 or CL were ever going to be sports/action shooters. If the DNG write speeds of the CL are not fast enough, I'd have to venture it never was the right camera for you in the first place.

54 minutes ago, Gregm61 said:

It reads like the Auto ISO operation was "fixed" to work like it should have all along. I never utilize apps like FOTOS and face detection operational upgrades sound geared more toward the PHD (point here dummy) shooters.Neither the Q2 or CL were ever going to be sports/action shooters. If the DNG write speeds of the CL are not fast enough, I'd have to venture it never was the right camera for you in the first place.

Auto ISO settings and the behavior of the camera at the limits have been a subject of some debate for a long while. The previous behavior of the CL was like with the SL: when the AutoISO limit setting for the low light level was reached (say 1/f was set as the maximum exposure time, and the exposure required was twice that time), the camera would simple underexpose by exposing at the 1/f limit. I've always preferred the notion set in most other cameras that at the bottom limit like that, it will warn me about potential image degradation through camera motion via some indicator in the display, but would make the correct exposure nonetheless. That's what it does now, which I greatly prefer.

I use the Leica FOTOs app all the time since the CL does not have a port for a wired remote. This fw3.2 worked very well with the latest Leica FOTOs app on my iPhone. I'm happy. :)

Face detection when using AF (I don't have any AF lenses at the present time, but I have in the past) is a boon for any photographer when doing portraiture and using AF, presuming it works well. What happens when it cannot find a good lock on a face is important to anyone that uses it. 

I'd say that neither the CL nor QL2 are ever going to be the best sequence shooting cameras rather than sports/action shooters. Sports and action photography is much more about learning your equipment and the timing required to make exposures at the right instant rather than having the fastest sequence or response time. I've done good sports/action photography with remarkably slow and laggardly equipment if I spent the time to learn the camera's, and my subjects, timing properly... :)

G

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just add SL2 and now Q2 photo/vidéo setup screen to the CL. 

Then remove stupid P & A video modes from mode selection wheel. I only want PASM there. And nothing more ! Very annoying to have to scroll through all video options too ! 

Edited by nicci78