simonCL

Hi Everyone from Australia!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone! Nice to finally make the decision to join this community. 

I made the switch to Leica from Nikon last year when I purchased the CL with a 23mm Summicron f2. 

I absolutely love the camera and the setup for the type of photography I do. 

at the moment, my current setup is the CL with a f/1.4 Super Takuma 50mm (thorium glass model). 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sjz
      Hi,
      I am in the fortunate position of travelling to South Africa (near Cape Town).  Photography is not the purpose of the trip but it would be ‘rude’ not to take a camera.
      I have a cl, which I am excited about.  It is a recent purchase with the kit 18mm lens.  It replaces my Fuji x100t which I really enjoyed but I wanted to be able to change lens’ and I preferred the cl to Fuji x-pro 3.
      i just like having a camera in my jacket pocket, hence the 18mm.  Physical, it makes the cl very similar to the X-100 series.
      Now for the questions:
      Is the 23 Summicron significantly better quality than the 18mm (I cant find the physical length lens so will pop into shop to see)? Is the APO-VARIO-ELMAR-TL 55-135MM considered to have a ‘good’ IQ? Should I be looking at other L-Mount lens?  I have a SL2 and the 35mm Summicron, the 24-90 and an underused Sigma 14-24, but I would rather travel with something more compact and in line with the cl. The photography I like is mainly landscape but of course, a bit of street and social photography too.
      Thank you for your help in advance.

• By kijimoshib
      Hi All,
      Recently, I have bought Lux 35 for my CL.  But after first attempt to use lens hood I have a problem with breakaway of front part of the lens (see photo).
      So, I'm wondering if it could be fixed at home? 😔

IMG_7562.HEIC
    • By rob_w
      Hmmm!  I have just spent nearly an hour trying to resize each of five photos to fit as close to the .49MB limit as possible.   The first two I have posted look terrible compared to the originals.  There must be a better way.   If there are instructions on the forum on how to do this better, could someone point them to me please?   I wont post any more pics until I get this figured out properly.