RBScott

SL2 Battery Removal, Loses Language, date, time settings

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Whenever I remove my SL2 battery, I lose all language, app, date and time settings, etc., and I'm forced to set them each time I remove the battery.

Has anyone experienced this? I'm now charging with the usb-c port, but would like to figure this one out......

Cheers,

Scott

That means that the internal battery does not hold charge or is disconnected. Consult Leica, or if your camera is recent enough, return it for an exchange.

11 minutes ago, jaapv said:

That means that the internal battery does not hold charge or is disconnected. Consult Leica, or if your camera is recent enough, return it for an exchange.

Thank You!

Well the camera can’t be more then 60-70 days old, so definitely a warranty issue , I have not had that issue at all 

Damn. My £150k Rolls Royce has a flat tire.  They should do better than this ......
Damn, my 737 max has a problem. They should do better than this .....
Damn, my president is a liar .......      and gets away with it  (probably there are even more liars ......)    and will probably even be reelected  .......

Edited by caissa

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Lollo
      Love the new MJ2 cage by Lockcircle! How do you guys use your camera for video shooting?

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Lollo
      Hello Leica friends,
      I wanted to bring to your attentions some issues I’m having with the Leica SL2.. 
      I have bought this camera mainly for Video shooting as I use M10P and M6 for photos. 
      I loved using my M lenses on the SL system and when the SL2 was finally announced I thought it was time to get one. I tested every shooting mode and I have to say that the camera has received some big improvements compared to the previous 601. The Ibis is very accurate and in HLG mode the dinamic range is quite impressive. Didn’t like the LLog though, very noisy and difficult to handle. And the internal 4K 60fps is just useless for aliasing and moire (you must use an external recorder if you want to get a decent file, when the Panasonic S1H is very clean in the same mode).
      I also use for my work Alexa Mini LF and smaller bodies such as the Z-Cam F6, this last camera has a nice M mount with positive lock which enables me to use all my Leica M lenses. 
      So why I got a SL2? The main reason is to be able to carry it everywhere, in a small backpack with a couple of lenses, other than on set for work. Now, the files produced by this camera should be H265(?).. but the files won’t play in my machines. The finder doesn’t show any preview, QuickTime doesn’t read them. VLC plays only the first 3 frames (18cores IMac Pro).. imagine you shoot 300 clips and you need to conform them every time to Prores in order to just see what you have shot. I remember I bought my SL2 in Shanghai the day it came out and after 2 days shooting around I just switched to my small Zcam as I had to open at every import FCPX or Premiere and create a project just to watch my daily footage and after delete it.
      So my question: having a playable file out of camera (internal recording) is Asking too much? 
      Another big limitation is the focus magnifier that doesn’t work while recording. With an Atomos Ninja V the resolution helps but as I said.. why I can’t enjoy this camera as it is? 
      I’ve also got multiples hot pixels, partially removed by the internal NR.. but still present.
      Last, a few times I’ve used an L mount lens... the camera can’t handle video recording for more than 10 min with a fully charged battery. 

I won’t give up with this camera as I strongly believe a new firmware will fix these problems.
      what do you guys think? 
    • By loalposo
      I have had my SL2 for a couple of months and have now noticed what seems to be dust in the viewfinder. I say in the EVF because it does not show in the LCD; also, I have checked the sensor, lenses, taken test shots against a white background, checked the sensor with a loupe (white and red light) and can't seem to find where it is. I have also cleaned the EVF as well.  This so called "dust speck" does not show in any images either.  Furthermore, the dust speck is black and seems relatively sharp when seen in the EVF. I know this may be minor but it is a nuisance nonetheless, as I am now aware and my eye immediately is drawn to this black speck of dust thus causing distraction with my composition. Has anyone experienced something similar? What advise and/or troubleshooting recommendation could you offer? Thanks in advance! Lorenzo
    • By Holger1
      Do.7.5.20 um 19:00 Uhr
      "Leica SL2 : Ein kurzer Überblick mit Olaf Wolf
      Die Leica SL2 steht für pure Leistung und unübertroffene Verarbeitungsqualität. Sie wartet mit verbesserter Ergonomie und einem komfortableren Griff in Verbindung mit dem bewährten, vereinfachten Drei-Tasten-Bedienkonzept auf, das die Leica Designsprache über mehrere Produktlinien hinweg weiter vereinheitlicht. Modernste neue Funktionen wie die Bildstabilisierung im Kameragehäuse erschließen das Potenzial der legendären Leica M-Objektive neu und unterstreichen die Leistungsfähigkeit der wachsenden Auswahl an SL-Objektiven, die zu den besten Optiken gehören, die Leica je produziert hat. Die Leica SL2 ist die konsequente Weiterentwicklung der innovativen Leica SL und bietet eine bahnbrechende Zukunftsperspektive für die digitale Fotografie und Videografie.
      In diesem Facebook Livestream werden wir uns mit den wichtigsten Funktionen der Leica SL2 beschäftigen, auf die herausragende Qualität der Prime Objektive eingehen und erklären welche Objektive über einen Adapter an der Leica SL2 verwendet werden können.
      Fragen können gerne vorab an info@leicastore-wetzlar.com geschickt werden."
    • By Holger1
      Do.7.5.20 um 19:00 Uhr
      "Leica SL2 : Ein kurzer Überblick mit Olaf Wolf
      Die Leica SL2 steht für pure Leistung und unübertroffene Verarbeitungsqualität. Sie wartet mit verbesserter Ergonomie und einem komfortableren Griff in Verbindung mit dem bewährten, vereinfachten Drei-Tasten-Bedienkonzept auf, das die Leica Designsprache über mehrere Produktlinien hinweg weiter vereinheitlicht. Modernste neue Funktionen wie die Bildstabilisierung im Kameragehäuse erschließen das Potenzial der legendären Leica M-Objektive neu und unterstreichen die Leistungsfähigkeit der wachsenden Auswahl an SL-Objektiven, die zu den besten Optiken gehören, die Leica je produziert hat. Die Leica SL2 ist die konsequente Weiterentwicklung der innovativen Leica SL und bietet eine bahnbrechende Zukunftsperspektive für die digitale Fotografie und Videografie.
      In diesem Facebook Livestream werden wir uns mit den wichtigsten Funktionen der Leica SL2 beschäftigen, auf die herausragende Qualität der Prime Objektive eingehen und erklären welche Objektive über einen Adapter an der Leica SL2 verwendet werden können.
      Fragen können gerne vorab an info@leicastore-wetzlar.com geschickt werden."