Memory Card for M10M

Likaleica

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 2/3/2020 at 2:06 PM, SrMi said:

Some forum members have been reporting issues with Sony 128Gb TOUGH cards. I am using 32Gb Sony TOUGH cards without issues. SanDisk Extreme Pro work also very well on my M10M.

I purchased two Sony 128 GB Tough G SF-G128T cards for the M10M and I have had many file corruption errors. When it happens I usually get the error message a several images later. So anything in between is lost.

I'm sadly beginning to think I have a defective body.
Purchased a new Sandisk 64GB UHS-II card today and still getting intermittent issues.

The manual describes the error I am seeing-

So I'm probably sending it back only a few days after it arrived..

3 hours ago, AndreasG said:

Try with another SD card before you send the camera back, it could be an issue of the metallic contacts of the card.

I’ve tried with 4 including cards that work in M10 and a brand new card from the store, UHS-I, UHS-II, etc.

On 3/9/2020 at 10:48 PM, sjg284 said:

I'm sadly beginning to think I have a defective body.
Purchased a new Sandisk 64GB UHS-II card today and still getting intermittent issues.

The manual describes the error I am seeing-

So I'm probably sending it back only a few days after it arrived..

Dropped it off today, hoping to get replacement off the next shipment (COVID/Trump/etc willing) in about 2 weeks.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 3/12/2020 at 8:23 PM, sjg284 said:

Dropped it off today, hoping to get replacement off the next shipment (COVID/Trump/etc willing) in about 2 weeks.

Miraculously a replacement showed up in under 24 hours, so now I have what is clearly a good body.

To put numbers to it - from startup or sleep, with a good SD card I am now seeing 1~2 seconds before I can fire the shutter.  And no “Sd” errors in the screen.

Hope that helps anyone who is trying to figure out if their card-camera combo is performing properly or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I may have had problems with a SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-II 64 GB. Every once in a while the camera controls would freeze up and I'd have to remove the battery. After a lot of good advice here, I'm thinking more and more that it is the UHS-II that bit me. I've got some UHS-I cards on order.

• 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, intermediatic said:

I had a 32GB Tough Card that had barely been used die in me this week, now I need to find a new brand of cards. 

The SF Leica store recommended Hoodman Steel SD XCII cards for the Q2 I bought from them. Liked it and since have them in my M10P and M10M also (but unfortunately, have not had much of a chance to use the M10s a lot, but moderate use in the Q2 without any issues so far). Hoodman also has excellent service (I misordered a card and they sent a return/replacement very quickly). The XCII cards are probably an overkill for these cameras, but faster downloads to computer with appropriate card reader, plus I like over-engineered cards. They are about the same cost as the Tough cards, if I recall.

• Thanks 1