Images from Panasonic L-Mount cameras

15 minutes ago, TheGodParticle said:

Can we see images taken with the L Mount cameras and lenses here please? 

I’m rather curious to see how the products from the Trifecta work together, and if all the features work as advertised.

Based on past releases, we are used to see you kicking off the show. Waiting... ;)

• jaapv pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Playtime starts this morning ..... as soon as the battery is charged ..... :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, jdlaing said:

No unboxing video?

I'm not that cheap  :wacko:

...... anyway now I can convert to DNG ( https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/dng-converter-11-2-1-beta-released-for-interim-new-camera-support ) and process in LR :

this morning ....

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 7

Shadow recovery seems excellent ... and the default colour palette looks 100% Leica to my eyes .....

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb thighslapper:

I'm not that cheap  :wacko:

...... anyway now I can convert to DNG ( https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/dng-converter-11-2-1-beta-released-for-interim-new-camera-support ) and process in LR :

this morning ....

Impressive! What lens did you use? Handheld?

• Like 1

The DNG's of the above are here if you want to try them in LR. I've included a second tree shot ..... the above is at f16 to get a starburst and is diffraction affected, the second I've included is at f7. These are just quick snapshots walking the dog this morning. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1h4m2liexwmy9i5/AAChASGId81PNQo0r5E6pABsa?dl=0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thank you. I can open them in C1 too. Nice sharpness and DR.
And you are blessed with mild climate. Here in northern Germany the flowers still sleeping in the underground…
Enjoy the new camera!
P.S. in C1 the CA-Correction and Lensprofile works well.
I am curious if there will be an improvement when C1 can read the native S1R Raws without DNG conversion…

Edited by verwackelt

2 hours ago, thighslapper said:

The DNG's of the above are here if you want to try them in LR. I've included a second tree shot ..... the above is at f16 to get a starburst and is diffraction affected, the second I've included is at f7. These are just quick snapshots walking the dog this morning. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1h4m2liexwmy9i5/AAChASGId81PNQo0r5E6pABsa?dl=0

Thanks. The files look ok (Leica-like). I assume the SL 16-35 was used, but I cannot find the lens info in the metadata (my fault ?).
I can find many details (exposure, f-number, iso, date, etc.). But the focal length is 36 (for the house), so probably the SL 24-90. But I cannot find the "name" or identification of the lens used. 

Maybe my tool does not show all details ? But I wonder how can the specific correction functions be triggered without lens info (I find only focal length, aperture and max. aperture.)

Edited by caissa

The usual metadata is there ... it appears in LR as normal ..... toggling 'I' on the image cycles though the info (if you have it set to do it in Develop View Options)

I have added in the same folder:

A Hi Res image and the original for comparison (16mm on 16-35)

21/3.4 images at various apertures so you can check peripheral performance (much as I originally thought)

Apo 50/2 images at various apertures so you can check peripheral performance (seems fine despite my previous misgivings)

Theres a 3 shot combined LR HDR .... which looks ok once the settings are dialled down a bit. 

Some more info:

The Hi-Res mode seems to work up to a 1 second exposure limit ...... which makes its usefulness somewhat limited. 

LENR ..... I have compared 50sec and 2 minute exposures with it on and off ....... there are a very few hot pixels in the very dark shadows that are visible with shadow recovery set at 50 .... and a veritable multicoloured snowstorm at 100 ..... but only really noticeable at 100%. I've included the 50 second pair so you can compare. 

There is some strange functionality with the exposure system I can't seem to understand. With a 3stop ND filter you have to dial in 3 stops overexposure on the metering to get a correct image. As the metering is done from the sensor this makes no sense to me. :unsure:

With the SL and even a 10 stop filter you can still view the image easily and use AF ..... on this camera even a 3 stop ND renders the screen almost black and AF barely works. Either there is a setting somewhere I am missing or there is something very odd going on. I will quiz the Panasonic folk tomorrow. 

same link as before .... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1h4m2liexwmy9i5/AAChASGId81PNQo0r5E6pABsa?dl=0

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, thighslapper said:

With the SL and even a 10 stop filter you can still view the image easily and use AF ..... on this camera even a 3 stop ND renders the screen almost black an AF barely works. Either there is a setting somewhere I am missing or there is something very odd going on. I will quiz the Panasonic folk tomorrow. 

This is an important point for those into astrophotography: Using SL and focus magnification, It's quite easy to see and focus on the brightest stars, ensuring proper focus. Using live view on Nikon D5, as an example, is much harder; the quality of the image on the screen is so bad/blurry that focus is difficult. On other bodies, you can essentially forget to focus, so you have to pre-set the lenses you use. Hopefully there is a fix to avoid S1R turning (almost) dark with 3-stop ND filter...

• jaapv changed the title to Images from Panasonic L-Mount cameras
  • jaapv pinned this topic