Images from Panasonic L-Mount cameras

Advertisement (gone after registration)

13 hours ago, grahamhoey said:

Tried the High Res option on the S1R today for the first time, second 2 pictures are 100% crop

Lack of dust on shelves is truly amazing.  I usually don't publish shots like this as even low res digital is embarrassingly revealing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Man watching climate change show. SIR with 21mm Summilux @ ISO12800.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, adamquesada said:

I would be interested to see this.

Perhaps a posting as a separate topic would gather more attention.  Based upon existing posts, there must be someone who has the required combination of lenses and S cameras.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

What's happening here?  Very little activity.  Perhaps everyone except me is out shooting with their new cameras. 

I have been extremely pleased with the overall performance of the S1R with L-mount lenses made by Leica, and now I am starting to test a variety of M lenses adapted to the camera.  This afternoon I went out with the Super-Elmar-M 18mm, and the images were soft.  I have used this lens very little on either the M10 or SL, and so I can't really say if the softness relates to the camera, or if this lens is soft on other bodies.  Perhaps I will get a chance to experiment with the M10 and SL with this lens sometime within the next few days.  Here is an example:

S1R + Leica Super-Elmar-M 18

Edited by relms
  • Like 4

I just received my S1R last week and was able to use it with my 16-35SL, 50/1.4SL and 90/2SL on a short trip last week. Can set the camera to shoot in high-res mode and also provide a "standard" res at the same time. The following pics are from Mount Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas.

16-35 SL:

16mm 1600 ISO f/6.3

another 16-35SL:

35mm 100 ISO  f/10

from 90/2 SL (with polarizer):

100 ISO  f/5.6

and another with the 90/2:

320 ISO f/8

• Like 2

Very pleased to see the the results posted here!

My S1R along with the 24-105mm packaged kit lens arrived yesterday at my dealer.  However I decided not take it. I've reordered an S1R body only,  and also ordered a Leica SL 24-90mm Vario-Elmarit to go with it. I should have both in hand by mid next week. Earlier this week I received my V/E SL 105-280mm.  

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by michali
  • Like 2

I went along to a local dealer to have a look and play with the S1 this afternoon. However the dealer, who had plenty in stock, was unprepared to take it out of the box to show me! I guess that’s the difference between selling a volume oriented product like the Panasonic, versus a customer service oriented product like the Leica.....

16 hours ago, rpittal said:

I just received my S1R last week and was able to use it with my 16-35SL, 50/1.4SL and 90/2SL on a short trip last week. Can set the camera to shoot in high-res mode and also provide a "standard" res at the same time. The following pics are from Mount Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas.

16-35 SL:

16mm 1600 ISO f/6.3

another 16-35SL:

35mm 100 ISO  f/10

from 90/2 SL (with polarizer):

100 ISO  f/5.6

and another with the 90/2:

320 ISO f/8

What do I know? I have just the Q and CL and a couple of Leica lenses. But I'm very interested in this conversation, in lieu of a reasonably priced (ha!) or smaller form (almost equally ha!) SL2. But I have to say, none of these photos looks as sharp as what I'm used to seeing on this forum. The16-35 is one of the greatest lenses I've ever seen, and I never cease to be amazed by how easy it is "to fall into" the photo. I'm really sorry to say it, but I don't at all see that here. 

I'm not saying these things to be mean. I think it's a really important discussion to have as soon as possible, and others might say I'm totally whacked on this question, and I'd accept their more experienced opinion and eye.

Not sure to what you are referring.  The 16-35 is as good on the S1 series cameras as it is on the SL.  More so, as you have IBIS if you don't have a tripod handy.  (Although in that case, pixel peeping is a little pointless.)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bags27 said:

What do I know? I have just the Q and CL and a couple of Leica lenses. But I'm very interested in this conversation, in lieu of a reasonably priced (ha!) or smaller form (almost equally ha!) SL2. But I have to say, none of these photos looks as sharp as what I'm used to seeing on this forum. The16-35 is one of the greatest lenses I've ever seen, and I never cease to be amazed by how easy it is "to fall into" the photo. I'm really sorry to say it, but I don't at all see that here. 

I'm not saying these things to be mean. I think it's a really important discussion to have as soon as possible, and others might say I'm totally whacked on this question, and I'd accept their more experienced opinion and eye.

Oh ye of little faith ! ....... I've posted a fair few images with the S1R and 16-35 ...... here's another ....

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

and a 100% crop ....

I don't think you need worry about image quality compared to the SL ..... :rolleyes:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

75/2 SL....

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

16-35 ....... 0.5sec handheld .....

• Like 12

75/2 Sl .....

• Like 10

100% crop .....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• jaapv changed the title to Images from Panasonic L-Mount cameras
  • jaapv pinned this topic