Really Right Stuff Q2 Plate/Grip

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, AeroMirage said:

Will this LIMS case fit the regular Q?

They make a model specifically for the Q.

https://www.amazon.com/LIMS-Genuine-Leather-Camera-HCLCAQBK/dp/B018B6SFD8

or this one! :o 

http://limsdesign.com/product/detail.html?product_no=156&cate_no=12&display_group=1

Edited by bullmoon

12 minutes ago, AeroMirage said:

I've seen those but neither has the arca dovetailed plate on the bottom. 

Yes, the "10th" in that bottom link has the plate. Check the photos. That one looks really cool using the same embossed style leather as the camera.  I wish LIM's made that style for the Q2; I'd get one immediately.

4 hours ago, bullmoon said:

Yes, the "10th" in that bottom link has the plate. Check the photos. That one looks really cool using the same embossed style leather as the camera.  I wish LIM's made that style for the Q2; I'd get one immediately.

I was looking at that the other night and after about an hour of searching all over the web, and the world, I finally found one in stock in Japan. This thing is quite rare, these days anyway.

Just pulled the trigger on it. Will update on arrival....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AeroMirage said:

I was looking at that the other night and after about an hour of searching all over the web, and the world, I finally found one in stock in Japan. This thing is quite rare, these days anyway.

Good for you - I just got email back from them that are not making a case like that for the Q2.  I am bummed. :( 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 2/18/2020 at 6:48 PM, AeroMirage said:

Seller cancelled the order. Apparently there are none left anywhere in the world.

I've used RRS plates/grips on most of my cameras (e.g., M's, Nikons), they are heavy and add bulk, not best aesthetics  but they are solid performers. For the Q2 I went for a LIMS with Arca-compatible plate knowing that I wouldn't buy an RRS for this camera even when it became available.  I really like the LIMS on the Q2 for many of the reasons already mentioned in this thread.  Access to battery and SDHC doors, tripod mounting, protection and secure grip without ever needing to take the LIMS on or off is very convenient.  It also fits in the Leica holster with the LIMS in place although a bit snug. Only thing lacking is a portrait orientation Arca plate solution but I don't find its absence at all problematic.