Nikkor S 50 1.4 adaptor

cirke

If it is for a Nikon SLR, no problem. You can buy a Voigtlander or Fotodiox, or inexpensive Chinese adapter, Nikon SLR lenses work nicely with the CL. If it is from a rangefinder Nikon search e**y you may find a Nikon rangefinder to Leica M or TL adapter. This picture is with a Nikon Series E 100 f2.8 with the Fotodiox adapter.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The Fotodiox isn't bad, the problem is it is for a G mount Nikon, no fstop ring, so you have to set the aperture on the adapter and you don't have a specific setting. Infinity is fine with this adapter. No experience with the Novoflex. I have just ordered an E**y Chinese adapter, will see how this goes, $13 vs $121. The two adapters I have from this company have worked well.

• Like 1

I have been using old Nikkor lenses, including 50mm f/1.4, with both my T and CL for many years. They work great! I don't recommend the cheap adaptors 

from which I have heard many complains. I am using Novoflex that is perfect, but not cheap. :)

• Like 1

All the Nikkor lenses, manual or automatic, with the same mount,  would work with this adapter. But remember one thing, the lens does not have any electrical connection with the camera and even the auto lenses would be used as manual. 
Magnifier and focus peaking  are working perfectly, but not with the top wheel, but with the arrow on the right of the screen.  I find it even easier and faster than the wheel.

The sample shown above was taken with a manual and 50 years old Nikkor..

Edited by Louis
  • Like 2

One question, does the Novoflex Nikon to L adapter (assuming it is for a G style lens, no f stops on the lens)? I ran into a problem yesterday trying to use my 10mm series E lens. With big hands and gloves on I was having a problem continually changing the fstop on the Fotodiox G style adapter, nothing keeping the fstop ring from turning. With my Tokina wide angle I need the adapter to control the fstops on the lens, but with the 100 I don't and I'd rather use the lenses fstop ring, but I have to set it to f22 and let the adapter have its way. With just hands that would work but gloves take out a lot of feeling. 

For the lenses without “F”, there is a blue ring on the adapter that you can use instead. The only important point is to have the right mount. It seems the new Nikon lenses for their new mirror less cameras have different mount. ( Unless Novoflex came with new adapters).

• Like 1