M8 PHOTOGRAPHS, POST THEM HERE

wilfredo

Walking around this morning with the M8 and my 24mm Voigtlander, I was looking for photos to capture.  I saw this scene, adjusted the camera, and took the photo - but the bright green leaves faded away thanks to the lack of an anti-IR filter.  I do have one of those filters, but not with me, so I re-adjusted the color in PhotoLab 6.  I liked the lighting, and the pale blue color for the pipes, and especially the shadows.  It's not a very exciting photograph I guess, but it was fun to work with until I got what I was after.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

I was walking by the construction site near my home, but this time went to the West side of the building. It has gained some height since last time.  I only saw three workers on this side, but lots of colorful "stuff".    This photo is from my 24mm Voigtlander Color Skopar.  Funny thing, during the morning I kept getting a thin white line across the photo, which people told me likely comes from a "hot" (or was it dead?) pixel, but I don't see it in this photo.  

Image processing was once again in DxO PhotoLab 6, my new favorite image editor - not really so "new", as I ditched Lightroom and I've been using this for years.  Unfortunately, to edit my M8 images, I have to "cheat", using the Exif Editor app, and changing the EXIF data from M8 to M10 which PhotoLab accepts.  Don't tell anyone...   Shhhh....

The more I use the M8.2, the more I like it.  The M10 is far more powerful, but both get the job done.

Edited by MikeMyers
  • Like 1

Having Fun!

• Like 2

I was watching some birds flying around above this building, doing their best to imitate sensor dust.  Photo is from my M8.2 with my Voigtlander Color Skopar.  Beautiful, bright sunny day, the kind of day Miami Beach used to advertise throughout the years.  Hidden in the photo is a vertical white line from a dead pixel.  Well, it used to be vertical, before I adjusted the "horizon" control in PhotoLab 6.

Interesting, if I decrease the 'jpg' setting, I can export this at the full size @jaapvrecommends.  I used to leave it at 100%.  I think this works better.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Miami Beach set up a "trolley" system years ago, to take people around Miami Beach at no charge.  I think this was mostly done to help attract tourists.  With such a miserable parking situation though, I've found the trolleys a better way to get around town, without having to worry about parking.  The trolleys run on regular wheels, like busses, with normal engines, not electric, and they are built to resemble the old-time trolleys from so many years ago.

For a while now, I wanted to capture a photo looking out from inside the trolley, and I've never been satisfied.  A built-in fill flash would do wonders, but my M8.2 seems to be allergic to using a flash, not to mention that while the built-in flash on my Fuji X100F is tiny but powerful enough for the purpose, I've never yet found a flash I like for occasional use on my M8.2 and my M10.  So, this morning's project was to find a compromise between the sunny outside of the trolley, and the relatively dark interior, and at the same time find a "scene" that might look photogenic out in front of the trolley.

I took 30 photos this morning, and deleted all but three.  Of those, the one below is my best "compromise".  I wanted the driver in the photo, and I wanted a reasonably nice scene in front of the trolley, and I wanted to show the trolley interior at least a little - that it's mostly wood is on purpose.  Here's the result, M8.2 with my new Voigtlander 28mm Ultron Vintage Line Aspherical Type II lens.  No filter.  I am ordering a 29mm UV/IR filter to help the camera capture nicer green trees, and correct other issues that the M8 cameras are known for.

• Like 4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

22 minutes ago, MikeMyers said:

I am ordering a 29mm UV/IR filter to help the camera capture nicer green trees, and correct other issues that the M8 cameras are known for.

You mean 39mm i guess. The ones Leica used to send me for free work fine on the Ultron 28/2 asph and allow to fit lens hoods like LH-4N and LH-12 with no problem at all. Beware that some filters like K&F have a protruding mount that could not fit with those hoods possibly. Happened to me with a 43mm filter that is too wide for the hood of my ZM 35/2.8 but i have no experience with K&F 39mm filters. FWIW.

1 hour ago, MikeMyers said:

Oops, 39mm.  Yes.

Here's what I ordered; it should arrive tomorrow. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B99MVK2T/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If it doesn't work, or degrades the quality, I'll return it.

I have three of the ICE 39mm UV/IR filters which are fine optically but note that the rim diameter (41.30mm) is slightly larger than the B+W filter and prevents the lens hood being fitted on some lenses.  The ICE fits on the Color-Skopar 25mm f4 with screw-on hood but does not fit on Color-Skopar 35mm f2.5 or Ultron 35mm f2 with bayonet hoods.  I had to grind the filter rim down to 40.75mm to get it to fit on the 35 f2.5 and 35 f2. Not too difficult to do because the filter glass is held on with a retaining ring so can be easily removed and can't be damaged when grinding the rim.

• Like 1

I also ordered one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PQ8BX76?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The only neutral density filter that I currently own is the one built into my Fuji.

Something to try out, so I can shoot wide open for minimal depth of field.  It will work with all my 39mm filter size lenses, of which I have several.

Leica M8; Summilux-M 1.4/21 ASPH.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Leica M8, Voigtländer Ultron 2/28mm

Edited by analog-digital
  • Like 3

• Like 5

• Like 3

Leica M8, Summaron 2.8/35mm

Edited by analog-digital
  • Like 3

• Like 3

Edited by analog-digital
  • Like 2

• Like 4

Don't use that way - to dangerous!

• Like 4

Leica M8, 7Artisans 2/35mm

• Like 3