Own both X2 and X113?

Andrejb

It looks like the typ 113 added video, which would be enough for me to run away. My biggest issue with the X-U and Q2 is accidentally triggering video and subsequently missing a shot as I try to get back into a mode where I can compose and shoot a still. It's also larger. While I haven't used the X-E or X (typ 113), I've found the focus ring on the X-U less useful than I'd expected (although it might be stiffer given the weather sealing than the other models?), but admittedly better than the dial on the X1/X2.

I still often grab my X2 over the Q2: with an automatic lens-cap it's super convenient and small enough to carry when I'm out with the kids and don't want to juggle lens caps; I assume that with the focus-ring on the lens of the typ 113, you'd also lose that benefit.

The 113 does offer a wider aperture, but won't let you use it in-close (FWIW). It's newer, so it probably has a few more things fixed or improved in firmware (DNG-only recording IIRC), and support for larger SD (SDXC) cards.

I and  my wife both own Vario X's as well as the X1 and X-E (along with the M8, M240 and the Monochrom). For our type of photography, travel, we find the Vario X offers more flexibility than the X2/X-E. We use an adapter ring that enables us to use a set of 49mm close-up lens quite effectively. We have gone on several trips where I have confined myself to the X1 and the X-E and obviously found the Vario X to offer more possibilities. We have never had an issue with the video capability being inadvertently turned on, and find the video capability nice to have. I have the Olympus EVF as well as the Leica version of it. I have used the Olympus on the Vario X without problems.