Sigma 20mm Art f1.4

Marac

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Interesting to see that Sigma have just released 3 lenses for the Canon EOS-M series (APS-C) that appear to be specific in size, weight and price to the APS-C format.  I wonder if they will release them with an L mount as well, for the Leica TL and CL?   If anyone hears more, do tell!

https://www.canonwatch.com/did-sigma-just-save-the-canon-eos-m-system-with-these-fast-primes/

• Like 1

Just now, rob_w said:

Interesting to see that Sigma have just released 3 lenses for the Canon EOS-M series (APS-C) that appear to be specific in size, weight and price to the APS-C format.  I wonder if they will release them with an L mount as well, for the Leica TL and CL?   If anyone hears more, do tell!

https://www.canonwatch.com/did-sigma-just-save-the-canon-eos-m-system-with-these-fast-primes/

I recall them being listed in the original L-mount alliance presentation by Sigma thought they were overshadowed by the main FF listings....there was a screen image some where in a previous thread.

1 hour ago, NigelG said:

I recall them being listed in the original L-mount alliance presentation by Sigma thought they were overshadowed by the main FF listings....there was a screen image some where in a previous thread.

Here's a link to an L-Rumors article from March, last year, showing the roadmap.

Looking at the 2019 portion of the graph, it seems Sigma are on course with their releases and we should see the APS-C trio pop up in L mount some time this year.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, raadoo said:

Here's a link to an L-Rumors article from March, last year, showing the roadmap.

Looking at the 2019 portion of the graph, it seems Sigma are on course with their releases and we should see the APS-C trio pop up in L mount some time this year.

Yes - that’s the screen shot I remember. 

This Sigma 20mm lens look to be about the same size (and probably weight) as my Leica Super-Elmar-R 15mm f/3.5, which proves to be a terrific lens on both FF and APS-C formats! Bulky but pretty handy in use. 

It would be interesting to compare their imaging qualities in some side by side shooting. 

G

8 hours ago, ramarren said:

This Sigma 20mm lens look to be about the same size (and probably weight) as my Leica Super-Elmar-R 15mm f/3.5, which proves to be a terrific lens on both FF and APS-C formats! Bulky but pretty handy in use. 

It would be interesting to compare their imaging qualities in some side by side shooting. 

G

We may yet see Sigma come out with 1.8/2.0 versions of their full frame line-up which should be a lot lighter than the current stable of behemoths.