Image of Black body/Chrome handgrip/Chrome lens?

m410

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Happy New Year,

Would anyone happen to have an image(s) of a black M-body (preferably M240, M10, M10P or Monochrom) with a CHROME Leica Handgrip and chrome lens?  I found a black M10P body I would like to buy at the old pricing however, I have chrome accessories and lenses.

Did a search and just can’t find an image of black body/chrome handgrip/chrome lens combination.

Thanks for any help.

jDD

Edited by m410

M-P 240

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks RU for your helpful image.  I have the silver 35mm Summicron as well.  My only black bodied Leica is my M4 from 1970.  Everything else is chrome as I like the old vintage look of chrome.  Still looking for the black camera body with chrome accessories and lens.  I think it might be alright.  jDD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You mean collapse it into the body? Yes it's possible, but not necessarily to be recommended. You have to be very careful when doing so, because the clearance between the back of the lens when collapsed and the shutter is minimal, smaller than with film Leicas. In addition, at least on this sample from 1937, the barrel wiggles quite a lot while being collapsed (but not when locked), so you might actually manage to hit and damage the shutter by collapsing it in the wrong angle. I have not dared to test this.

• Like 1

Made my own black/chrome/chrome combination image to get an idea.  Looks different, I am going with it.

Btw, Kwesi mentioned the Safari models.  I have never had a painted Leica as they seem to be much more susceptible to scratching?  

Question: Does the painted finish wear poorly? 

jDD

Edited by m410
yes
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2020 at 8:37 AM, m410 said:

Made my own black/chrome/chrome combination image to get an idea.  Looks different, I am going with it.

Btw, Kwesi mentioned the Safari models.  I have never had a painted Leica as they seem to be much more susceptible to scratching?  

Question: Does the painted finish wear poorly? 

jDD

Interesting combination.

Regarding your question, depends on what you mean by poorly. When comparing e.g. black chrome and black paint, they certainly wear differently. Black paint gets polished quite easily in places subject to wear, but because its glossier from the start it may be a bit less noticeable than when the more matte black chrome gets polished. Black paint also wears off completely easier than black chrome, e.g. on edges, causing the famous "brassing" effect that is considered desirable by some. When black chrome wears off in the same place it shows a not so nicely looking grey surface. I think that if you are afraid of visible wear after several years of active use you should get a protective half-case or similar and/or choosing a silver chrome body.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

A Chrome body with Chrome lens and handgrip, not what you asked for, but also a nice combination to consider.