New Leica Forum Image Sizes

Advertisement (gone after registration)

One small tip:
If you click on  an image to put it in the image box, the scaling of the full-sized image may be a bit slow (it takes a while for the magnifying glass cursor to appear).

If you right-click on the image and open in a new tab, the full-sized image will be loaded instantly.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Small New Year present for the Leica Forum community: I just changed the file size limits and images dimensions for the forum - most of them were significantly enlarged: Now 1.000 kB (before 500kB) can be uploaded now per post, premium members' limit is 2.000 kB (was 1.000 kB) Uploaded images are resized to two different files Thread display images have a maximum width (or height) of 1,092 px Lightbox images (shown after click) will have 2,480 px

Sample image Uploaded image is 3,000 px wide Thread version is 1,092 px Lightbox version is 2,480 px Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

For those who are using Lightroom Classic, here is my new Leica Forum export preset. It's very handy to have it easily available, and it should always ensure the best quality allowed (for standard members): Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

I am trying to post additional images in the Leica R / DMR / images  thread but they repeatedly reject e.g. :

DMR-R8Hillside_8626.jpg

2 mb · Upload Failed

Images are resized to 2480 'longest side' . My Premium membership s/b OK ... does not expire until 16 June . Is there a limit as to the number of images i can post n this thread? Or is there another problem I'm unaware of?  Any advice appreciated . Thank you.

dunk 

EDIT: I can upload small files ... but not 2480 pxl longest side? 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, andybarton said:

No limit, so you should be able to post ok. 

Are you trying to put more than one image in each post?

Andy, I just tried to post a 2480 longest side 2MB image in the M9 images thread and it too was rejected ... but same image was accepted as a 1000 pixel longest side 459KB ... but I did not post the latter. It's as if my Premium membership has somehow lapsed ... Premium membership was paid 16 June 2020.  

Could the anomaly be linked to my Classifieds post? Problems commenced yesterday after posting a Classifieds advert ... not immediately ... and maybe coincidental 

dunk 

With regard to problems uploading more than one image in one post (something I reported earlier in the "12th March Forum update" thread) no matter what I try, the second image is deemed to exceed the Premium membership limits. Example given in that thread but basically trying to upload two 2480px jpg's each of circa 900Kb fails due to total size.  A frustration which leads me to uploading them to Flickr then pasting links into the post. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There is an issue with images with large dimensions and fine details:

Though the file size is under the limit such images can become too large when being re-rendered during the upload process.

I've increase the file size to 2.500 kB for members (was 2.000) and 5.000 for Premium members.

Please try again – if it still doesn't work please contact me via PM, and I'll try it out with the concrete image.

Andreas

Thanks Andreas.  In the forum software update thread post #121 I included a screenshot that showed that a 955Kb jpg was shown as 1.5Mb after upload!  I will try out the new settings on Monday but I would think the new limits should allow (at least) two images per post.  

Posted (edited)

Thank you Andreas ... will try when I have some new images to post ... none available at the moment ... had to downsize those I have to 1000 pxl and 950kb in order to post ... but this was before reading your latest advice 

dunk

Reference post #47, I just tried an upload of two files in one post (admittedly only 550Kb & 950Kb) and they uploaded OK, which IIRC is the first time I've been able to insert more than one image in a post without resorting to Flickr links.  Thanks for addressing the issue, Andreas.

On 3/28/2021 at 8:02 PM, LUF Admin said:

There is an issue with images with large dimensions and fine details:

Though the file size is under the limit such images can become too large when being re-rendered during the upload process.

I've increase the file size to 2.500 kB for members (was 2.000) and 5.000 for Premium members.

Please try again – if it still doesn't work please contact me via PM, and I'll try it out with the concrete image.

Andreas

Posted 2.500 kB files today ... all OK ... TYVM Andreas :) 

dubnk