Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hmmm!  I have just spent nearly an hour trying to resize each of five photos to fit as close to the .49MB limit as possible.   The first two I have posted look terrible compared to the originals.  There must be a better way.   If there are instructions on the forum on how to do this better, could someone point them to me please?   I wont post any more pics until I get this figured out properly. 

5 hours ago, rob_w said:

Hmmm!  I have just spent nearly an hour trying to resize each of five photos to fit as close to the .49MB limit as possible.   The first two I have posted look terrible compared to the originals.  There must be a better way.   If there are instructions on the forum on how to do this better, could someone point them to me please?   I wont post any more pics until I get this figured out properly. 

Did you try JPEGmini?

What postprocessing software do you use?

In Lightroom just set the parameters in the export dialog.

Most other software works the same way

In Photoshop, flatten your image, set Mode to RGB, 8-bits, resize to 1280 pixels, sharpen if needed, edit--> convert to profile sRGB and save as and adjust compression ("quality"- mostly 10 or 11).

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

20 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Correct.BTW, 10-11 quality is for 1000 kB. for 500  kB you'll need to drop down a bit more - it will be virtually invisible, though.

The new limit is now 1000KB. The pixel counts have been changed as well:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/305566-new-leica-forum-image-sizes/#comments

• Thanks 1