insideline

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Actually, I think this strap would be the best for protecting anyone's new valuable M10 Monochrom.  

It's brilliant. It floats and so when you drop your new camera into the water, you will easily be able to see it sail away, sail away, sail away.

Aren't Leica wonderful? They really think of everything!

Edited by marcg

I was wondering when a strap or case question would appear in regards to the new Leica M10-M...........didn't take too long!

For me the best strap is the original fabric one that incorporates the rubber shoulder pad, no question in my mind. I managed to find five of these straps selling as a job lot on EBay for 50 Euros, a great deal. All the smart leather straps that came with my Leicas from the MM1 to the M10-M acquired last year are stored unopened in a drawer, and I've yet to find any other third party strap that betters the original Leica fabric one.

10 hours ago, insideline said:

Can a person who has received their M10M share which stock strap it comes with, IE: is it the nice leather strap similar to the original MM1, or better, or is it the dreaded nylon strap? 

good question .. similar to the 10P?

3 hours ago, petermullett said:

I was wondering when a strap or case question would appear in regards to the new Leica M10-M...........didn't take too long!

For me the best strap is the original fabric one that incorporates the rubber shoulder pad, no question in my mind. I managed to find five of these straps selling as a job lot on EBay for 50 Euros, a great deal. All the smart leather straps that came with my Leicas from the MM1 to the M10-M acquired last year are stored unopened in a drawer, and I've yet to find any other third party strap that betters the original Leica fabric one.

About time we had a "which case" thread. Also, a thumbs up thread – not to mention a "which bag" thread.

• Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, marcg said:

About time we had a "which case" thread. Also, a thumbs up thread – not to mention a "which bag" thread.

Only moments away I would guess........God forbid that the new M10-M should share any other common or garden M10 or M anything bag.....It would, needless to say, have to be monotone.

1 hour ago, marcg said:

Actually when I first saw this thread, I thought it said "M10M jock strap"

My mind boggled.

well that too might be handy for damage control should anyone frivolously go spend +$8000 without informing their partner.

4 minutes ago, dkmoore said:

Strap is the same that comes with M10. Thin black leather strap. It may be faux leather. It’s ok. Not as nice as the strap that came with the MM1. 

The leather strap that came with my MM1 was glued together, and eventually delaminated. Fortunately, I had a spare nylon strap from a M6.

• Like 1

Just now, Chuck Albertson said:

The leather strap that came with my MM1 was glued together, and eventually delaminated. Fortunately, I had a spare nylon strap from a M6.

I may be mid-remembering the strap from the MM1. The strap that comes with the M10M is:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dkmoore said:

I may be mid-remembering the strap from the MM1. The strap that comes with the M10M is:

I think the original strap for the MM1 was eventually replaced by a leather strap that was stitched, instead of glued. Sort of like the one in your picture, with a neckpad.

4 hours ago, dkmoore said:

Strap is the same that comes with M10. Thin black leather strap. It may be faux leather. It’s ok. Not as nice as the strap that came with the MM1. 

10 posts in before someone actually answered the OP's question. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, dkmoore said:

I wondered where my strap like this came from. Now I know.

FWIW, the best strap I've found for my M bodies is the Leica Wide Leather Strap. Very comfortable around the neck, soft and supple, long lasting.

https://leicacamerausa.com/strap-wide-black-saddle-leather-w-shoulder-section.html?utm_source=Leica Camera Website&utm_medium=refferal&utm_campaign=Leica "Buy now" Button

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, a.noctilux said:

Thanks, but I was looking for something simpler. I have several Artisan&Artist straps, they are great. However, many straps get in the way between my right hand and the camera. After some research:

This seems to be the simplest, and works quite well:

https://leicacamerausa.com/strap-m-with-anti-slip-pad.html

This may work as well for me (have not tried it yet):

https://leicacamerausa.com/neck-strap-leather-fabric-grey-cl.html