M10-P Freeze with "SD" Blink warning

tappan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My exact actions, etc, leading up to a freeze of the camera while "SD" blinks in viewfinder.
I have an M9P. I understand and actually appreciate the limitations of Leica digital M's. I use Canon EOS  1DX Mark 11's for my job as a news photographer. If I needed a huge burst rate I would have just stayed with what I have instead of buying/loving Leica. I just purchased a demo M10P. I used it today for the first time. I used a SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro, Class 10 (170MB/S). I formatted in camera.
My drive was at "continuous High." I was shooting at DNG+JPG. 800 asa. Monochrome on. I used the camera off and on for about 1 hour. I did NOT "lean" on the shutter release. At one point,  i simply pressed the shutter release for a very quick burst of 4 photos to see how fast the camera was FPS... I continued to shoot every once in a while for a few minutes. I then turned the camera's drive  to "single" and turned off jpg and monochrome and was then only shooting raw DNG"s. Then, the camera froze. MENu would not come on and "SD" flickered of and on inside my camera's viewfinder/eyefinder. The battery area got a bit warmer than I think it should have been. Almost hot. The camera stayed jammed for several minutes. I repeatedly took the battery out and then the SD CArd over and over again. Finally it came back on. First thing that I did was change the settings back to DNG & JPG , and turned back on Monochrome. Oh well. Camera is working well now,  but....I just  spent a bunch of money on this and.......!

Edited by tappan
typos and misspellings

7 hours ago, jaapv said:

Try another SD card. The camera is telling you that there is something wrong with this one.

Hello Jaap.
I should have mentioned that it was a new card (first time out of the  box), and then I switched to a San Disk 32GB class 10 Exxtreme Pro  95mb/s, and it still would not unfreeze.

Mark

15 minutes ago, tappan said:

Hello Jaap.
I should have mentioned that it was a new card (first time out of the  box), and then I switched to a San Disk 32GB class 10 Exxtreme Pro  95mb/s, and it still would not unfreeze.

Mark

Formated?

Edited by pedaes