Q or Q2 using Right Eye

On 1/18/2020 at 6:41 PM, Photoman61 said:

Hello all when I zone focus and do street photography with my M262 I use my right eye to get maximum field of view. I find it very hard to do this with an EVF on my Q2. Who uses their right eye with the Q or Q2??

With Q2 you could use LiveView. 

20 hours ago, Photoman61 said:

I use my right eye because it keeps my field of view as wide as possible, on the Q2 I can't because of the EVF.

Why on earth not?

I use my right eye just fine, as I am sure thouaands of other Q2 owners do as well.  Pick up the camera and hold it to your right eye. What on earth is the problem?

• Like 1

You also need to open the eye you want to use, if this could be of any help.

Like this =>😉

Just kidding, I also use the right eye, never noticed any issue. It would probably be more difficult with the left eye, actually...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, snooper said:

It would probably be more difficult with the left eye, actually...

It is...for those of us who are left eye dominant! However, it's also essential to use the viewfinder, rather than the EVF, to obtain really accurate framing because the information displays in the EVF obscure the edges of the picture (which is particularly annoying as I need to see some that information displayed as well as the full extent of what I'm photographing). As it is I have to put up with squashing my nose against the EVF...which is as unappealing as it sounds.

Stephen

I'd Like to ask this too. Pardon me. On my Fuji XT-1, the eye cup has a space so I can dig my eye into it and still have a small space between the glass and my eyelids. However, when I tried the Q2, the EVF has no space at all. So my question is, do you just peek through it without physically touching your eye on the EVF or you  press your eyes against it? 

4 hours ago, Marley said:

do you just peek through it without physically touching your eye on the EVF or you  press your eyes against it? 

I think you have to do whatever your particular anatomy dictates in order to see the full field of view in the viewfinder: that is the crucial point when framing a photo, of course. The degree of requisite anatomical gymnastics probably differs from person to person.

Stephen

Weirdest post ever. 😃

Almost every Leica cameras (except R, SL and S) are made for right eye. So what’s the problem ? 

May be you are asking if anyone is using both eyes open ? 
Of course it is possible with EVF. No problem at all   

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Photoman61 said:

With the EVF I can't see what I'm framing like I can with the OVF on my M

Do you wear glasses? I don't have the Q/Q2, but I assume it is similar to the CL and SL, which I do have. Normally I wear contacts and have no trouble framing with those cameras. And unlike some people here I don't have trouble framing when I wear glasses either - that probably does depend on your prescription and positioning of the glasses on your nose.

I am right eye dominant.

This topic continues to baffle me.  I wonder if there is some terminology problem - distinguishing between the LCD display and the EVF.  I can use the EVF with either eye, physically, I just don't see well up close with my right eye, so I use the left most of the time unless I want to also see outside the camera.  As far as the EVF display goes, I see exactly the photo I'm going to take and the only thing that obscures it is the histogram if I have that on - and I see the full field of view with either eye, and with glasses on or not.  And I cannot fathom pressing my nose into the EVF, although I do touch the LCD with my nose often enough when using the EVF with my left eye - same thing happens with 5DIV using the OVF.

On 1/18/2020 at 5:41 PM, Photoman61 said:

Hello all when I zone focus and do street photography with my M262 I use my right eye to get maximum field of view. I find it very hard to do this with an EVF on my Q2. Who uses their right eye with the Q or Q2??

On 1/18/2020 at 5:41 PM, Photoman61 said:

I do all the time. I also keep my left eye open when trying to catch something moving such as a wave breaking on occasion.

• 1 month later...

I have always photographed with my right eye, even when I used to shoot with SLRs.  For some reason, it always seemed natural to use my right eye. 

[Googles dominant eye test and performs it it]

Having just performed the dominant eye test, I discovered that my right eye is dominant.  Maybe that is why using my right eye always seemed natural.

I'm left handed, if that has any bearing on my right eye being dominant...

10 hours ago, Herr Barnack said:

I have always photographed with my right eye, even when I used to shoot with SLRs.  For some reason, it always seemed natural to use my right eye. 

[Googles dominant eye test and performs it it]

Having just performed the dominant eye test, I discovered that my right eye is dominant.  Maybe that is why using my right eye always seemed natural.

I'm left handed, if that has any bearing on my right eye being dominant...

Same here being left handed and right eyed.  But the funny thing is that most sports, golf, bowling or shooting sports,  I've always done right handed....except for maybe tennis.  Makes me wonder if much of what we learn or how we learn to do it is based on mimicking others in the herd until it just feels natural.  Could also explain why I suck at golf. 🤔