M10 rangefinder coupling makes sound while focussing

Marckyokay

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just got my M10 and lenses back from Leica Wetzlar and despite not being happy with the repair service that I got (repair service, NOT customer service, that ones was stellar; 90mm Summicron having a fingerprint on the glass, 50 Summilux Focussing still stiff and not even, even after two repair tries, 28 Elmarit having squeeze marks on the focussing ring from the tools(!) ...) this is not about that but about something that I noticed about my M10 which had CLA, Focussing Lever adjustment and adjustment of all the lenses to it: 

I got a brand new 21mm Color Skopar from Voigtlander which I loved using on my TL while my M10 was away. I now used it on my M10 the first time and whenever I leave the minimum focus distance, 0,7mm, of the M10, a distinct click can be heard (21mm Color Skopar can focus to 0,5m, closer than the 0,7m of the M10) . Which sounds like the focussing lever hits the case. The other way around totally makes sense: The lens element of the 21mm responsible for the rangefinder coupling hits the Focussing Lever as soon as I focus farther away than 0,7m, then the rangefinder coupling starts and metal hits metal and a click can be heard. Makes sense, my lens and M10 combination makes metallic clicks in both scenarios, turning the focus to the right, and to the left, engaging the rangefinder mechanism and disengaging. All sounds logical to me, but hearing the Voigtländer element leaving the focussing lever making a sound is a bit weird... does my focussing lever stick out too far? Seems it hits a part of the lens mount assembly... It all wouldn't make me wonder if I hadn't had a M240 with Voigtländer Ultron 35mm, which also focusses to 0,5m, and NEVER heard even the faintest click when I focus closer than 0,7m and back. 

So this made me wonder, whose M10's rangefinder lever also makes the clicking sound when focussing closer than the M10 designed 0,7m and back?
Did my ears play tricks on me back then and now (not having my M240 or 35mm anymore and not being able to swap and check) this is the perfectly normal behaviour?

Would love to hear other's experiences :)

Yes, there is a faint clicking sound when the rangefinder lever reaches its outermost position (slightly closer than 0,7m). If the lever has been accidentally bent upwards,  e.g. when adjusting the rangefinder, it may hit the lens mount too early. I would say that if the rangefinder works (patch keeps moving) all the way until you reach the near end of the focussing scale when using a Leica lens (0,7m), you should be ok.