Leica M10-R

frame-it

Advertisement (gone after registration)

wonder what this is ? the 40.8 MP M10 ?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

For M10 and M10 user, this is an coherent update. With this M, no more need for télé lenses. You take o ly a 28 and 50 in you bag for travel and landscape. If this camera will launched with a new Tri, let me say aTri or Bi-Summicron... Amazing combo

• Like 7

Best of both world ? 
kind of makes sense.

Leica marketing has a chart :

M10 : red dot YES - script NO  

M10-P : red dot NO - script YES

M10-D : red dot NO - script YES

M10 Monochrom : red dot NO - script NO 

M10-R : red dot YES - script YES 

You see easy 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I guess that it will use the same 40.9 MP sensor from the M10 Monochrom with Bayer colour filter. 
It makes sense to use it in colour flavour  to spread development cost across several models. 

This 40.9MP is a cut down version of very late S3 65MP 45x30 sensor. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nicci78 said:

I guess that it will use the same 40.9 MP sensor from the M10 Monochrom with Bayer colour filter. 
It makes sense to use it in colour flavour  to spread development cost across several models. 

and reuse the m10-M sensor in the new Q2-M/SL2-M

vor 14 Minuten schrieb nicci78:

Could you not ask yourself as well why not the sensor of the Q2 then? I just put in a post in the german forum. I wonder why it need that multitude of sensors. 

vor 14 Minuten schrieb colint544:

Great way of extending the life of the M10 platform. I wonder if this will replace the standard M10, or sit alongside it as a more expensive option..

I don't think so professional photographer need small files in jpg. Transmission speed is key not resolution power

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, M10 for me said:

Could you not ask yourself as well why not the sensor of the Q2 then? I just put in a post in the german forum. I wonder why it need that multitude of sensors. 

Well, the Q2 sensor was designed as a unit with the lens. It impossible to be used for an M camera without altering the whole microlens-filter array drastically. An M will always need its own dedicated sensor from the M8 up to the M10 and certainly onwards as well.The basic wafer is just the beginning of the design, an M might share it with a number of cameras, but then the differentiated design starts.

It is not a matter of taking a sensor and dropping it into another type of body.

Now, adding a Bayer filter to an M10 Monochrom sensor <might> work. But then one runs into the question of processing power, heat dissipation, etc. Interesting to see whether Leica can solve this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1