M10 Monochrom Reviews {merged}

HughBrownstone

1 hour ago, marcg said:

Have there been any bad reviews about this camera? Those are the ones I'd be really interested to see.

Why? 

If there was something 'bad' to say I am sure AP would have said it. They give a couple of negatives - one for price.

1 hour ago, pedaes said:

Why? 

If there was something 'bad' to say I am sure AP would have said it. They give a couple of negatives - one for price.

I think the other one was that it was unable to do colour 😆

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, rivi1969 said:

https://www.dpreview.com/videos/0021790957/dpreview-tv-leica-monochrom-m10-review

In this review Chris Niccols ended up saying that he would expect to see "IBIS" in next Leica M camera bodies LOL

Enjoyed watching familiar scenes. Ice carving was part of the Glow festival this past weekend here in Calgary. Looks like they shot on Friday or Saturday.

I bought my MM1 and M246 from Chris while he was still working at The Camera Store. Ironically the day my M10M arrived I was paying for it with box sitting on the counter when Chris and Jordan came into the store before heading out to do a preview on some other gear. I gave Chris and Jordan a bit of a rough time that they needed to step up their game to compete with  Dave along with Evelyn who took over his and Jordan's role with TCSTV. It was all good humour. Dave is now my sales person at The Camera Store.  

I headed downtown on Sunday to do some shooting and stayed through the evening to catch some of Glow mainly William Close and the Earth Harp. Earlier that day I was wondering around some of the inner city communities and I kept recalling Chris' humour when he tested the M240 a few years ago that certain scenes in back alleys of discarded chairs, suitcases, the bike just screamed Leica I chuckled when I saw similar scenes. 

Glad to see Chris mentioned filters and used a nice selection of lens including the new 90. Enjoyed the hindsight review given I have had my M10M for a few weeks.

Edited by burningheart
  • Like 1

Very interesting and detailed review and doesn't seem to be simply a marketing hatchet job.

I'm not sure that he said that he "expects" Ibis in the next M camera. He says that he thinks we will may have to wait until the next M camera for some of these real substantial upgrades.

So – not quite as predictive as "expects".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rivi1969 said:

https://www.dpreview.com/videos/0021790957/dpreview-tv-leica-monochrom-m10-review

In this review Chris Niccols ended up saying that he would expect to see "IBIS" in next Leica M camera bodies LOL

The only IBIS related comment I heard was that he would, of course, like to have IBIS, better Visioflex, and better battery life. I did not hear that he expects next M to have IBIS.

• Like 2

I thought his review was....'polite'.  If he was totally jazzed about the M10M it did not seem to come through during the review.

For anyone financially suited and poised to purchase an M10 Monochrom, this review certainly would not deter you.  Likewise, I felt his presentation of the camera avoided highlighting any direct comparisons to other cameras that do Black and White well.

*Except* for the fact that the review was shot on a Fuji with Acros simulation.  Lol that was perhaps a subtle jab methinks.  If you read the feedback on YouTube, there were as many praises for the Acros look of the interview as there were for the Leica.

Obviously, the commitment to the Leica ecosystem is not for everyone.  For those that appreciate the aesthetics and experience that shooting with a Leica M offers, and have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.  It is so choice.  😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SrMi said:

The only IBIS related comment I heard was that he would, of course, like to have IBIS, better Visioflex, and better battery life. I did not hear that he expects next M to have IBIS.

He said “he would expect those upgrades in the M11” and you should read his comments at dpreview about it.

2 hours ago, rivi1969 said:

He said “he would expect those upgrades in the M11” and you should read his comments at dpreview about it.

I think you are interpreting his comments and Youtube review very creatively 🙂.

What Chris said in Youtube video is "... we're gonna have to wait for an M 11 before we get some of those real substantial upgrades ...".

In his comments, Chris wrote: "So yes, I want IBIS in this camera."

• Like 1