Leica M10 Monochrom Images

Likaleica

40 minutes ago, erudolph said:

Camera just this hour arrived, first shots, snoozing Norwich Terrier... 50mm Apo-Summicron, f/2.8, 1/500, ISO 160, tweaked in LR

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Nice.  Did you get the camera locally or did you have it shipped in?

Ran down to Samy's to buy an SD card and stopped into nearby museum.  Same 50mm APO Summicron, f/5.6, ISO 640.

• Like 2

I was going to walk the streets of Washington near my office at lunchtime when I found I was in the middle of the March for Life, the annual anti-abortion march to the Capitol. It is a grey day in D.C. today. I have owned all three Monochroms. I can say unequivocally, after just a short time working with the camera, that I have never worked with files like this. Extraordinary. I hope this comes through with these images.

• Like 18

My Outreach Support work station shot ISO 3200 using 21 SEM at 1/125 f5.6 overhead lighting

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johnbuckley said:

Jeff - I hope your SL2 arrives soon, and you enjoy it. 

I’ll be happy to expand my shooting repertoire by the ability to use a broader range of focal lengths than the M system (RF) provides. No magical IQ expected beyond my own printing capabilities. Quality camera and lens choices haven’t been a limiting factor for some time for me, or for most folks, and certainly not for online viewing purposes.  Personal enjoyment is indeed key.  Same to you with your new Monochrom.

Jeff

• Like 1

90 M Summicron APO 400iso 1/1000s f4

• Like 8

Got mine delivered in the late afternoon but got out for a few quick pictures.

missed focus a bit, few quick adjustments in LR. Files are similar to the M246 with that much DR, etc.

Oh, for those interested ISO 4000 (set to auto) 1/250th...F stop i think around F4..although LR shows 6.8. and yellow filter on 28mm Summicron

Edited by Avatar
  • Like 5

Guest Nowhereman
4 hours ago, johnbuckley said:

Ugh. This does not do justice to these files.

I'm wonder if the muddy tonal palettes that appear in some of the M10M images posted online stem from the fact that the camera is not yet supported by Lightroom and other apps? Some of the issues on this are discussed in this thread, which starting after post #17, raises an issue about how the M10M handles highlights. I'm trying to decide whether to get an M10M or to stick with converting M10 color images.

ISO 1600 24mm Summilux f1.4

ISO 800 50mm Summicron APO

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I'm wonder if the muddy tonal palettes that appear in some of the M10M images posted online stem from the fact that the camera is not yet supported by Lightroom and other apps? Some of the issues on this are discussed in this thread, which starting after post #17, raises an issue about how the M10M handles highlights. I'm trying to decide whether to get an M10M or to stick with converting M10 color images.

Got mine today and I've owned the M9M, M246 and an M10

There's no issue processing the images other than some posters either like it the way it is or don't know how to process or even take pictures that show off the ability of Monochrom and really all cameras..it's about the light.

I'll try to post some pictures this weekend where I intentionally overexpose and under expose and then process in LR and even crop.

I also will compare prints although I doubt I'll see a big or any difference to the M246...but we'll see!

For all that being said, I think the M246 is now the best buy out there! Plus it has so much longer battery life than the M10 and M10M.

Edited by Avatar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Got mine today and I've owned the M9M, M246 and an M10

There's no issue processing the images other than some posters either like it the way it is or don't know how to process or even take pictures that show off the ability of Monochrom and really all cameras..it's about the light.

I'll try to post some pictures this weekend where I intentionally overexpose and under expose and then process in LR and even crop.

I also will compare prints although I doubt I'll see a big or any difference to the M246...but we'll see!

For all that being said, I think the M246 is now the best buy out there! Plus it has so much longer battery life than the M10 and M10M.

how's the m9m vs m10m? looking forward for your shots! m246 may offer better value but not a fan of it's fat body :p

M10 Mono and Summicron 90 M APO - One of the first test images taken a few days ago. Perhaps I will get some shots at Chinese New year in the City at dusk today. ISO 400 F4

• Like 15

Tattoo Artist on a break. 800 ISO 50 M APO with Orange Filter

I am pretty amazed at the ease of framing and focusing this M10M. The camera has some "zip" compared to the MM1. I had my prescription Raybans on and the viewfinder was still bright (cannot do this with SL).  Walking around and shooting Street is a delight. I was grappling with the ISO settings and dial, not being familiar with the M10 but I have it worked out now. The files are just outstanding when using the orange filter. 

• Like 10