Leica M10 Monochrom Images

Likaleica

Advertisement (gone after registration)

50 APO, 1/500s, f/6.3

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, onasj said:

Very evocative image.  My IR filters (092 and 093) are en-route... how much IR light does the M10M let through (how many stops are lost with the 092 filter)?  Have you tried with a 093 filter (or the equivalent)?

With my M9M, I shot everything manual. For the M10M, I've been using Auto ISO and Aperture Priority, to see what the camera would do.

For the shot you mentioned, it was f/16, 1/180sec, and ISO 10,000. That was with a 092 filter.

I just got in a 093 filter and took a quick shot of a tree. For this one, the camera was set to f/4, 1/45sec, and ISO 25,000. (I had set 25,000 as the upper limit for the Auto ISO.)

M10M + 50 APO + B+W 093 (IR filter)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, onasj said:

Very evocative image.  My IR filters (092 and 093) are en-route... how much IR light does the M10M let through (how many stops are lost with the 092 filter)?  Have you tried with a 093 filter (or the equivalent)?

It was David's post a few years back on the M246 using B+W092 that lead me to shooting the M246 for IR and later I tried UV and found that worked too. On the M246 I found that the B+W093 left unflattering muddy long exposures images (in the limited testing I did) and I abandoned any further shooting with it.

I am not sure what settings David its using with the B+W 092 with the M10M. For myself I have been shooting handheld and find that I set my ISO anywhere from ISO 4000 to ISO 8000. and usually at F5.6. Though I am shooting at bright sunlight or slightly overcast.

One thing I noticed with the M10M is when I zoom in to view the image on the computer I see noise with the B+W092, mind you the noise looks like grain. Granted I am using higher ISOs and stepped down apertures so I can shoot handheld. I could open up the aperture and lower the ISO, even use a tripod but haven't done that yet. I do not recall seeing the noise to the same extent with the M246. I could be wrong and would have to go back and look at the old pictures or just take out the M246 and shoot some new ones.

Looking at the evergreen trees in shots I have taken there appears to be less IR than with the M246. Evergreen trees seem to be less white SOOC than the M246. It is the wrong time of the year. to test leafy trees/plants to see if they get the infrared look as does the M246. Dead of winter and no deciduous growth until April-May.  I could try in the conservancy at the zoo but I know when using my Full spectrum Canon that the zoo has specialized glass in the conservancy as it blocks all UV light and I never though to test IR there. Based on what I see on the limited shots I have taken with the B+W092 on the M10M my early guess is that the M10M is less sensitive to deep red IR than the M246. I hope I am wrong once spring arrives I will be trying further shooting in both UV and IR.  

As I write this maybe I should attach my Coastal Optics 60 to the M10M and see how that looks as it was my most used and goto lens on with the M246 for IR and UV as it is an APO lens in Nikon mount corrected for UV, Visible and IR wavelengths. 

Nevertheless I will continue use of the 092 with the Elmar 24 and Lux 50 on the M10M. Maybe I will try the 90 APO next.  

M10M + 50 APO + B+W 092 (handheld at f/16, 1/250sec, ISO 10,000)

Edited by David_English
  • Like 5

1) A weir on the Avon in Malmesbury.  (2) One of the plaques on the steps leading up to the Abbey.  Both M10m with ZM 50mm C-Sonnar & orange filter.

• Like 4

On 2/22/2020 at 4:00 PM, Keith (M) said:

Out & about in Malmesbury in Wiltshire this afternoon.  M10M, ZM 50mm C-Sonnar, orange filter.  (Click to view in LightBox)

Not been round Malmesbury for a while, think I will call off there next time I’m in Chippenham. I seem to be missing out on some photography opportunities. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

News Crew on station platform setting up away from contrasty light. 800 iso 35 Summicron ASPH 

• Like 7

Out and about with an 8.5cm f/2 Nikkor.  This lens looked quite good on the M Monochrom, and was curious to see it on the M10M.  These shot at f/4 or f/5.6.  It has a very long focus throw. 

• Like 6

Took the M10M out in some very light rain on Saturday morning. Gotta get over that fear!

• Like 3

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Two more with the Nikkor 3.5cm f1.8 ; love the rendering of this lens way more than the 35mm lux pre-asph. Best Vintage 35mm (tied with 8e). First shot is wide open, second one at f5.6

• Like 4

Two views of the Avon in Malmesbury.  Both M10M, ZM 50mm C-Sonnar, orange filter.

• Like 9

One from this evening.....a very windswept (gale force 7) seafront near Eastbourne. Click in to see properly

M10M, Apo 50mm, ISO5000, 1/125, F4 

Edited by Tp2000
  • Like 12

One more from this evening.....before i nearly got blown away! (Again, click in to view properly)

M10M, Apo 50mm, ISO8000, 1/125, F5.6

Edited by Tp2000
  • Like 16

14 hours ago, shirubadanieru said:

Two more with the Nikkor 3.5cm f1.8 ; love the rendering of this lens way more than the 35mm lux pre-asph. Best Vintage 35mm (tied with 8e). First shot is wide open, second one at f5.6

I think I do too.  Such a hard lens to find, though.