Leica M10 Monochrom Images

Likaleica

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A scruffy 'oasis' of green near the town centre.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

M10M, 50mm Noctilux f1 v4, yellow filter.

• Like 10

After following this monochrome post, i finally decided to buy the M10M. First shot with a 35mm lux fle. ISO 160, F5.6 S 1/2000. I am impressed by the sharpness and greytones. This brings back my B&W time in the ‘80.

Edited by Erikvw
  • Like 8

16 minutes ago, Erikvw said:

After following this monochrome post, i finally decided to buy the M10M. First shot with a 35mm lux fle. ISO 160, F5.6 S 1/2000. I am impressed by the sharpness and greytones. This brings back my B&W time in the ‘80.

Congratulations on your purchase - and welcome to the thread!  😀  I imagine you will soon discover just how seductive the M10M is - after nearly fifteen months of ownership it remains the camera that I gravitate to and sometimes have to push myself to go out and about with a camera capable of colour, just for the novelty!

• Like 1

On the edge of the sports field.

M10M, 50mm Noctilux f1 v4.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Keith (M) said:

Congratulations on your purchase - and welcome to the thread!  😀  I imagine you will soon discover just how seductive the M10M is - after nearly fifteen months of ownership it remains the camera that I gravitate to and sometimes have to push myself to go out and about with a camera capable of colour, just for the novelty!

Thank you for your kind words. Seductive is the right word. I will probably be schooting only with this camera the coming months.😉

• Like 2

M10M - APO-Summicron-M 1:2.0/50 - Orange Filter - ISO 160 - f 3,4 - 1/1000 sec - Toyota IQ in the shadow

• Like 8

Deer in the field

M10M - APO-Summicron-M 1:2.0/50 - Orange Filter - ISO 160 - f 4 - 1/1000 sec  (XPAN-Format per Photoshop Crop.)

Edited by panoramer
  • Like 2

Target

M10M - APO-Summicron-M 1:2.0/50 - Orange Filter - ISO 160 - f 2.8 - 1/2000 sec 

• Like 5

Shadow steps

M10M - APO-Summicron-M 1:2.0/50 - Orange Filter - ISO 160 - f 4 - 1/2000 sec 

• Like 4

Swirls.  Barangaroo Sydney, M10M, 50 APO, Orange Filter

• Like 5

I notice a lot of these posts involve use of an orange color contrast filter. Are most folks using the Leica branded filters, which I recall reading somewhere were spectrally tuned to the monochrom sensors and exhibit less focus shift? I've been using the B&W MRC orange filter and do notice focus shift on my 28 Cron Asph v2 and 35 Lux FLE (the latter has an issue anyway on the M10M, and the orange filter just exasperates the back-focusing).

On 4/13/2021 at 8:43 AM, Chips said:

Beautiful quality  the exposure is near perfect and her skin glows. Excellent portrait was this planned or was it opportunistic on the street? Did you use a filter?

CHIPS

No filter, no preplanning. Just walking around in the W. Village and random shot...

6 hours ago, jplomley said:

I notice a lot of these posts involve use of an orange color contrast filter. Are most folks using the Leica branded filters, which I recall reading somewhere were spectrally tuned to the monochrom sensors and exhibit less focus shift? I've been using the B&W MRC orange filter and do notice focus shift on my 28 Cron Asph v2 and 35 Lux FLE (the latter has an issue anyway on the M10M, and the orange filter just exasperates the back-focusing).

FWIW, I use Heliopan colour filters, and Breakthrough technology for ND and Polariser. 

11 hours ago, skater75 said:

No filter, no preplanning. Just walking around in the W. Village and random shot...

Thanks -- excellent photo. The best photos just happen but you were ready when the rest of us did not have are camera ready to go without thinking. Good example of being ready. CHIPS

Celebrating 100 years -- a birthday inside a covid locked down facility. M10M yellow filter, 50mm noctilux
  • Like 11

16 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

Nice first photo! The M10M is amazing on so many levels -- its sharpness, the tonal range and quality of the capture, its stealth and understated elegance. The challenge is to see in B&W -- look for the scene with structure, edges and tonal contrasts. There is something very special about working with the M10M it changes my approach to photography -- it is all about the LIGHT. CHIPS

M10M, 'cron with orange filter. Soft light. 

• Like 5

Just now, geoffreyg said:

M10M, 'cron with orange filter. Soft light. 

The scene is very complex -- but you have some separation that helps which is a credit to you and the M10M!! CHIPS

• Like 1