Leica M10 Monochrom Technical Data

LUF Admin

Sean Reid's just-posted study (behind the toughest pay wall in the business) of M10M base ISO is fascinating. He rates its natural ISO as above 360 and argues that a higher base ISO is actually beneficial for effective dynamic range.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bags27 said:

Sean Reid's just-posted study (behind the toughest pay wall in the business) of M10M base ISO is fascinating. He rates its natural ISO as above 360 and argues that a higher base ISO is actually beneficial for effective dynamic range.

+1 for Sean Reid's subscription service.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, Jeff S said:

It’s in the M10P as well.  The M10M follows the P platform upgrades, including  quiet shutter.

Jeff

You are correct. Unlike M10M's manual, M10P's manual makes no mention of Level Gauge (chapter Auxiliary Displays).

Page 84 of the .pdf.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Keith (M) said:

Page 84 of the .pdf.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

That is an excerpt from M10 Monochrom's manual.

The reference to Level Gauge is missing in M10-P's manual (the reason why I erroneously thought that it is not available in M10-P).

• 2 weeks later...

No IR filter. I would like confirmation that the M10M does NOT have an infra-red filter, unlike the standard M10 and most digital cameras except for the early M8s.

If so, the M10M should be excellent for IR photography. This includes some astronomical applications as emission nebulae are quite strong in the near infra-red.

Is there and numeric data available showing the sensitivity versus wavelength of the M10M sensor?

On 2/20/2020 at 5:30 PM, LCL999 said:

No IR filter. I would like confirmation that the M10M does NOT have an infra-red filter, unlike the standard M10 and most digital cameras except for the early M8s.

If so, the M10M should be excellent for IR photography. This includes some astronomical applications as emission nebulae are quite strong in the near infra-red.

Is there and numeric data available showing the sensitivity versus wavelength of the M10M sensor?

Don’t know about new version, but there are various articles about the M246 and IR.  For instance...

https://diglloyd.com/blog/2015/20150611_1515-LeicaM_Monochrom-infrared.html

Jeff

• 3 months later...
59 minutes ago, kegon said:

Not quite, the cover of the flash attachment is now made of plastic... on my m10p it‘s made of metal 😉

Yes, I thought that was disappointing.  The M10-D is made of metal as well.  I'm using the Leica thumbs up on my M10-M so perhaps it doesn't' matter.