What the hell is that thing? A maze in light

Thank you Leica Guy! So, again, I encounter some challenges to upload images limited to such a small size... So I let you see a little cropped image I hope will show you how powerful was Prime to correct the maze. You'll recognize the hairs of the lady, but without the maze in it, contrary to the first time. Some stripes, remnants of the maze, are clearly visible, for example in the top left corner. You couldn't guess at 100 % obviously, and no moiré-effect will appear at any level of zoom. So... I'm happy!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, nivillard said:

Thank you Leica Guy! So, again, I encounter some challenges to upload images limited to such a small size... So I let you see a little cropped image I hope will show you how powerful was Prime to correct the maze. You'll recognize the hairs of the lady, but without the maze in it, contrary to the first time. Some stripes, remnants of the maze, are clearly visible, for example in the top left corner. You couldn't guess at 100 % obviously, and no moiré-effect will appear at any level of zoom. So... I'm happy!

Very nice and frankly amazing considering the conditions the image was taken in. I occasionally see moire pattern in my images. More so with the Q than the Q2. Its always been easy to remove in LR. I truly am so impressed with the resolution of the Q and now the Q2. No low pass filter on the sensor makes them more susceptible to moire, but the sharp images are more than worth it. Compared to my Canon 5D3, I can push sharpening so much further with no halos. Just amazing. Enjoy your new camera. It’s a keeper. Until the Q3. 🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Leica Guy said:

Very nice and frankly amazing considering the conditions the image was taken in. I occasionally see moire pattern in my images. More so with the Q than the Q2. Its always been easy to remove in LR. I truly am so impressed with the resolution of the Q and now the Q2. No low pass filter on the sensor makes them more susceptible to moire, but the sharp images are more than worth it. Compared to my Canon 5D3, I can push sharpening so much further with no halos. Just amazing. Enjoy your new camera. It’s a keeper. Until the Q3. 🤣

Haha thanks! But I own the Q, not the Q2. I bought it some months before the Q2 was released... (I try to comfort myself telling me it was too expensive... but the extra features, my god!). Anyway I'm happy with the Q, which I use since more than one year now. I cherish that beauty every day.

• Like 1