Unable to register a CL Kit on Leica website

MJA

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Despite several attempts I have been unable to register my recently purchased (brand new) Leica CL 18-56mm kit.  Leica UK have tried to help and referred the matter to Germany and they have given the me the procedure for registration which firstly involves inputting the product code, which Germany says will bring up the kit in the menu, but when I try I get "0 Results".  Germany says they have tried the serial number and it works, but not for me!

I can identify the kit via the menu but when I type in the serial number I get an error message that says the serial number does not match the product.  Despite trying several variants on the inputting of the numbers nothing works for me.

Anyone else had this problem?  Without registration I don't get my free Light room trial. 

Thanks for the replies. 

I have registered three other lenses with no issues, except the difficulty in reading the number!!  There is no option to register the body and lens separately and Leica Germany has advised the serial number on the baseplate of the camera should be used but that doesn't work.  I haven't yet tried to register the 18-56mm lens separately...I will try that tonight.

Hello to all. A few weeks ago I also had the same problem with the 11-23 lens purchased at the Leica Store. I was unable to register it. I have not found the path to do it. Can any of you send me the link on the way to register the product? Thank you for the answers

Below is a screenshot of the instructions I have been given by Germany, even though I can't make them work, but hopefully they may work for you. Note the first number is the product number on the box (yours will be different), the serial number (yours will be different) is then entered second.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I couldn't register a used 35mm TL prime lens that I bought as it was already registered. I emailed Leica telling them that the seller was un-cooperative in un-registering it. They unlocked it so I was able to register it today.

Edited by AeroMirage
added detail

9 hours ago, MJA said:

Thanks for the replies. 

I have registered three other lenses with no issues, except the difficulty in reading the number!!  There is no option to register the body and lens separately and Leica Germany has advised the serial number on the baseplate of the camera should be used but that doesn't work.  I haven't yet tried to register the 18-56mm lens separately...I will try that tonight.

Why couldn't you register a CL body? just don't register it under the kit number, but by the body number.

When I went to register my CL I had to register it as a kit. It did not recognize the serial number as body only. I bought it used and it must have been a kit when it was new.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I will try to register both separately this weekend, although Germany have told me to register it as a kit.  The kit is brand new and so should not have any issues with the registration being locked by another user.  I will let you know how I get on!

I tried this again this morning using exactly the same details and it worked!  Not sure what I was doing wrong or if it was a website glitch but it is now registered as a kit, not individual components.  thanks for all your comments and help.