The quality of TL 18-55 lens.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, huwm said:

I use a marumi achromat +3 or +5 which are considerably cheaper than the elpro

The older Leitz Elpros can be adapted and can be sourced for relatively $£little … I've bought several of different diopter strengths for less than £10 each e.g. https://www.mwclassic.com/?post_type=product&s=elpro

dunk

18 hours ago, dkCambridgeshire said:

The older Leitz Elpros can be adapted and can be sourced for relatively $£little … I've bought several of different diopter strengths for less than £10 each e.g. https://www.mwclassic.com/?post_type=product&s=elpro

dunk

BTW … A Leitz Macrotar is exactly the same as the equivalent Leitz Elpro 

dunk 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 8:16 PM, nicci78 said:

If you find a nice deal for used CL/TL2 + 18-56. It is good 

But if you are buying a brand new CL Vario kit. You’ll be better off with the Q2. Even with 28-35-50-75 mm crop mode taken into account, it will produce better results than TL 18-56. 
Of course if you got M or R lenses or planning to buy other L-mount lenses. Buy the CL 

To sum up Q2 provides variable sized sensor equivalent to 28-35-50-75mm with constant f/1.7 aperture. 
Vs 28-85mm zoom with variable f/3.5-5.6 

With CL and TL2 you get constant 24MP. Q2 provides 47-30-15-7MP

@Nicci78, is this really true? How can a 15 and 7Mp crop at 50 and 75mm respectively have better IQ than the optical zoom of the 24Mp CL with 18-56?

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 12:27 PM, firoze said:

@Nicci78, is this really true? How can a 15 and 7Mp crop at 50 and 75mm respectively have better IQ than the optical zoom of the 24Mp CL with 18-56?

I suppose, if one is really dedicated to the f/1.7 look . . . ?  I love my 18-56, and have other lenses for other needs. ‘Would like a Q2 someday though. 

Edited by bcorton
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 minutes ago, bcorton said:

I suppose, if one is really dedicated to the f/1.7 look . . . ? 

Agreed about the look. But I think Nicci meant image quality per se, rather than look. And 7Mp at 75mm surely cannot compare with the CL + 18-56 at 75mm?

Am 13.2.2020 um 20:27 schrieb firoze:

I'm realy very happy with my results, out of my TL 18-56 with my Cl, for my hobby potographíng.

I don't need professional big poster prints. I'm happy, looking my pictures on my EIZO monitor CS2730 or on my big TV 4 K screen.

• Like 1