Not sure if I want upgrade to M10 anymore.

Ko.Fe.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 1/16/2020 at 12:52 AM, Ko.Fe. said:

https://www.streetsilhouettes.com/home/2019/7/29/the-myth-of-the-leica-m9-ccd-vs-cmos-sensors

This link was posted by person who damaged m10 behind repair. He googled m9 vs m10 and google return is above.

After he looked at article images, his conclusion.... m9 wins. I came to same conclusion after looking at the same.

I was thinking of selling my photography gear to get M10 for high iso I want due to street photography, but I’m not ready to sell M-E and have lower IQ camera on base ISO range.

I don’t know why you ever doubted your M9-E. I have a theory though. It could be that its look with the grey faint hammer paint is (un)consciously bothering you. I think if you use it enough it will get a nice wear and it will become a sort of unique M. Apart from the looks I find that I’m loving my M9 more and more the longer I have it. 

Edited by otto.f

1 hour ago, ianman said:

The looks?

Oh, this can be interpreted the wrong way. I like the looks of my M9, I meant apart from the topic of appearance in general

Edited by otto.f

5 hours ago, otto.f said:

I don’t know why you ever doubted your M9-E. I have a theory though. It could be that its look with the grey faint hammer paint is (un)consciously bothering you. I think if you use it enough it will get a nice wear and it will become a sort of unique M. Apart from the looks I find that I’m loving my M9 more and more the longer I have it. 

It isn't grey, it is kind of light blue to me. I have zero problems with it. Almost purchased matching it Leica labeled Panasonic P&S with super zoom, but lens is soft. 

M-E240 seems to be hammer paint. The only reason I was considering to get some different M was for higher ISO.

It started to wear now, after I used it more since this winter. It just acts as film camera with maximum push to ISO 2500 instead of 3200 or more as with bw film. Exposure metering is most accurate if measured by hand held meter or even S16 :) .

I looked at M-E pictures among another thousands of my pictures from other cameras. They are not as sharp as from M8, but sharper then CMOS cameras, rendering is obviously different, not better. With some lack of dinamic range.

• Like 1

The acuity of the images from the M8 are indeed sharper straight out of the camera compared to the M9 due to the thinner sensor cover glass that the M8 uses. IN addition as you stated, the M9 images out of the camera are indeed sharper than the M240, which is due to the differences of the CCD vs. CMOS.

Dave (D&A)